lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2016, 02:44 PM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: RXV light kit questions

I think the electric RXVs have the capability built in for the brake light switch and as long as you get the correct kit its plug and play.. Now which kits those are I have no idea unfortunately I will look around and see if I can find a part number..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2016, 02:51 PM   #12
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think the controller for the RXV already handles enough (ask Bob and I think he will agree after his recent WOT issue)......

I would rather leave the lighting harness completely separate from the controller personally......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:56 PM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

rabbit, if I remember the wires are already under the cup holders and just plug into the light harness. I believe they are used to activate a relay for the lights..
Old 10-17-2016, 03:00 PM   #14
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's still crossing the accessory circuit with the control circuit for the cart. They are there, and they should be capable of handling it, but why complicate the accessory circuit by assigning the activation of the brake lights to the controller that is not part of the lighting circuit in the first place. Sorry, but I like keeping the 2 circuits separate and with a simple micro, I can have the brake lights come on easily.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:08 PM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Fair enough..
Old 10-17-2016, 05:11 PM   #16
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It is not really crossing the circuits since it is connecting to a relay. The operating side of the relay connects to the existing harness wires from the controller, and the switched power side of the relay goes to the brake light. The harness already there, you just have to add the relay and the wires to the brake lights. The switching signal is already there coming out of the controller it just goes to a set of wires that are not connected to anything. The risk of those wires shorting out and causing a problem with the controller is probably greater with exposed open wires than if they were connected to the relay.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:33 PM   #17
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Meh, it's not asking the controller to do anything it wasn't designed for. I gave the factory part number for the relay intended for this task (it's 24v). Using other relays is "iffy", I tried some others with poor results (didn't engage, or stayed on). This relay could easily be used without any other special harnesses if you are capable of crimping some female spade connectors on your wires.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:01 PM   #18
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
I think the controller for the RXV already handles enough (ask Bob and I think he will agree after his recent WOT issue)......

I would rather leave the lighting harness completely separate from the controller personally......
cgtech is correct. That is a predefined function in the controller and there is a dedicated brake PWM to hit the 24V brake relay with 24V to pull it in then tapers down to around 16-18V to hold it in to reduce coil heating. That brake PWM operates whether the brake relay is present or not, so might as well use it. The PWM values can be set to work with other relay coil voltages but I prefer to leave it at stock settings and just use the p/n 604110 relay.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO