lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2016, 05:30 PM   #1
FluxCapacitor
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Charging 2Five. Delta Q question

My charging outlet is not in the most aesthetically pleasing location. With that in mind I was wondering if it is OK to always fully charge after using the cart and then unplug as long as the cart sits less than 7 days or so.

In other words, is there any advantage to leaving the 2Five Qui-q charger plugged in all the time? Does it "maintain" the batteries like a trickle charger or check and top off every few days?

The Qui-Q manual doesn't explain
FluxCapacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2016, 09:18 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charging 2Five. Delta Q question

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluxCapacitor View Post
My charging outlet is not in the most aesthetically pleasing location. With that in mind I was wondering if it is OK to always fully charge after using the cart and then unplug as long as the cart sits less than 7 days or so.

In other words, is there any advantage to leaving the 2Five Qui-q charger plugged in all the time? Does it "maintain" the batteries like a trickle charger or check and top off every few days?

The Qui-Q manual doesn't explain
I kept my 2Five plugged in the entire time I had it. I only had mine for about a month before I sold it.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:44 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I have never seen a Delta-Q charger with float charging. Many chargers say they restart after a pre set amount of time, some actually do it, some don't. A charger that does float charge is the only one I would trust for long term storage. If it's only gonna sit for 6 days, don't even worry about it, that's such a short amount of time it wouldn't even matter if it sat unplugged the time while you were gone.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:53 PM   #4
FluxCapacitor
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

FYI:
Today a DeltaQ technician told me that after a full charge the Qui-Q charger goes into a "monitor" mode without further charging (no trickle or float). The Qui-Q charger then continuously monitors the voltage and in (most) 48 Volt applications tops of the battery if batteries go below 49.9v or if 30 days passes (even if voltage is above 49.9v).

Unplugging for a few days at time seems like it would no ill effect then.
FluxCapacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:28 PM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Don't trust that the charger will actually do this until you witness it. Neighbor had one that would supposedly do it but......

I think these chargers have optional features. It's up to the OEM(EZGO in this case) as to which features are turned on. I would Assume EZGO is cheap in this regard until proven otherwise.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO