lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2016, 06:37 PM   #11
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery Status Indicator Always Lit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
It's an IQ Plus car. That's how they're wired from the factory. The only way to get it to turn off is to unhook the battery pack.
So, on this one you cannot route the hot wire thru the ignition switch? Strange and inconvenient...
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2016, 06:47 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyre View Post
So, on this one you cannot route the hot wire thru the ignition switch? Strange and inconvenient...
You could, but that's not how the factory does it. They have two terminal connections. Positive and Negative. If you hooked it to the keyswitch and drove it for a while and turned the keyswitch off the light would go out, but when you turn it back on the gauge would reset to full charge. They always reset to full after they lose power and have power re-applied. The only way for these meters to be accurate (somewhat) is to stay on all the time.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 07:46 PM   #13
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
You could, but that's not how the factory does it. They have two terminal connections. Positive and Negative. If you hooked it to the keyswitch and drove it for a while and turned the keyswitch off the light would go out, but when you turn it back on the gauge would reset to full charge. They always reset to full after they lose power and have power re-applied. The only way for these meters to be accurate (somewhat) is to stay on all the time.
That sucks, time for a new meter.....
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 08:39 AM   #14
dextertech
Not Yet Wild

The factory indicator isn't all that helpful anyway. I'll just replace it with a digital readout. My problem now is I can't find a round one to fit the same hole. All aftermarket 48v are square. Round ones only go up to 24v.
dextertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 09:59 PM   #15
Moonbuggy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

ScottyB should be able to fix you up with a meter and a plate to cover the hole.
Moonbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:06 AM   #16
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextertech View Post
The factory indicator isn't all that helpful anyway. I'll just replace it with a digital readout. My problem now is I can't find a round one to fit the same hole. All aftermarket 48v are square. Round ones only go up to 24v.
Round meters are available. I found one capable of 75v. Datel meters. There are probably others. I only looked for a minute.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:57 AM   #17
dextertech
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the tip Kernel. I found that round Datel meter for $45.00 verses Scottyb's square one for $18.00. Did I mention I'm cheap? :) I think I'll make a square one work.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:59 AM   #18
brittgee
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Is it a problem for it to be always on? I took the panel off to see how it was wired and there are only two wires connected and neither one goes to the key switch. there is another empty post and a post with some plastic on it. Could I just run a wire to the key switch from the 3rd terminal without blowing something up?
brittgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:21 PM   #19
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

When I replaced my analog meter with the digital, I got a used 2" vacuum gauge for 5 bucks from a recycle shop. Took the guts out the gauge, cut the hole for the digital in the face plate, painted it black to cover the numbering, put the bezel, face plate + shell back together, and installed in the analog's dash hole. The digital just fits the 2" face but it looks factory.
tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:38 PM   #20
dextertech
Not Yet Wild

Gutting an old round gauge to house a new digital is a great idea. Wish I heard of that before installing mine. Now I have the old and the new.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car