lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2016, 11:35 AM   #11
sqzdog
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Battery Light on, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
You got your batteries hooked up wrong... All connections between batteries must be series + to -

cart---[- B +]---[- B +]---[- B +]---[- B +]--- cart

bottom pair in picture is correct

top pair in picture in NOT correct
They are hooked up the way you mentioned.
sqzdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2016, 11:40 AM   #12
sqzdog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Not according to your picture...

Top left battery connections look backwards to me...
The top left has a black cable that runs from the top left + to the top right -. It just isn't visible. Is this right?
Old 11-23-2016, 11:42 AM   #13
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

It is kinda hard to see the wires on the top two batteries in the pic. on issue 2. does your blue wire have a circuit breaker, or a fuse? check them first the blue wire is for the lights. On issue 3, first thing is to check your voltage.
whit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:54 AM   #14
sqzdog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by whit71 View Post
It is kinda hard to see the wires on the top two batteries in the pic. on issue 2. does your blue wire have a circuit breaker, or a fuse? check them first the blue wire is for the lights. On issue 3, first thing is to check your voltage.
Ok, headlight/taillight problem solved. Pulled cover between batteries. Blue wire connected came unhooked. Duh. Should have checked that first... Thank you..
Old 11-23-2016, 12:10 PM   #15
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

i don't see how the 2 top batteries are connected
the top 2 posts should be connected with a cable, i see only the blue cable on one batt

_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:12 PM   #16
sqzdog
Not Yet Wild

[QUOTE=_ogre;1333735]i don't see how the 2 top batteries are connected
the top 2 posts should be connected with a cable, i see only the blue cable on one batt

Under the blue cable is a black one that is run to the top right battery negative terminal.
Old 11-23-2016, 12:45 PM   #17
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqzdog View Post
The top left has a black cable that runs from the top left + to the top right -. It just isn't visible. Is this right?
The top left black cable is hooked to the battery negative. If this wire is the same as the one that is hooked to the battery negative on the top right battery then you have negative to negative.

From looking at the picture, I don't see how the cart could run or the batteries charge.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:47 PM   #18
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqzdog View Post
Ok, headlight/taillight problem solved. Pulled cover between batteries. Blue wire connected came unhooked. Duh. Should have checked that first... Thank you..
Good deal. for issue-3 Do you have a multi meter? if so check the pack voltage from the main positive post (one with red wire) and main negative ( the negative post on the top left battery in pic), and let us know what it is.
whit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 02:00 PM   #19
sqzdog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
The top left black cable is hooked to the battery negative. If this wire is the same as the one that is hooked to the battery negative on the top right battery then you have negative to negative.

From looking at the picture, I don't see how the cart could run or the batteries charge.
The top left battery positive cable (which has the blue wire) also contains a thick black wire. That black wire runs from the positive of the top left battery to the negative of the top right battery
Old 11-23-2016, 02:02 PM   #20
sqzdog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by whit71 View Post
Good deal. for issue-3 Do you have a multi meter? if so check the pack voltage from the main positive post (one with red wire) and main negative ( the negative post on the top left battery in pic), and let us know what it is.
Thanks Whit. All are unhooked at the present as I am charging them individually. I did notice that the battery with the red cable was only reading about 10 volts when I checked it after unhooking everything else. The others were in the mid-12's.

After I hook them back up, I'll check the pack voltage and report back.

You folks have been super helpful and I really appreciate it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car