lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2016, 07:35 AM   #1
jjoediv
Not Yet Wild

Default Charger won't go below 5

I just installed 6 new 8v batteries, I have a new Links charger also. I know the new batts are at 80% so I need to fully chgarge them however the charger has been on for over 3 hrs and will not go below 5a. Wassup with that. I DID take a pic of wires before removing old batts and have double checked installation.
jjoediv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2016, 07:59 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Charger won't go below 5

Is this for your 97 Club Car?

if so... I can move it there if you'd like!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 08:08 AM   #3
jjoediv
Not Yet Wild

yes 97( i think ) Club car
Old 12-04-2016, 08:45 AM   #4
jjoediv
Not Yet Wild

yes,thnks
Old 12-04-2016, 09:06 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

3 hours is nothing! New batteries can take 16 hours to fully charge. Let the charger finish.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 09:10 AM   #6
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

New batteries may take quite some time to fully accept a charge, the OBC if so equipped would time you out at 16 hours. The key here is not to overthink it or overworry it and let the charger do its job. The fact that it has trimmed down to 5 amps is good. Place your hand on the batteries are they even remotely warm? Likely your answer is no... Put a volt meter on while charging and don't be surprised to see voltage as high as 62 to 65 volts, but more than like you will see somewhere around 59 volts while charging...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 12:23 PM   #7
jjoediv
Not Yet Wild

ok, i'll leave it on overnite and see what happens in the am. thanks so much! I'll let u know
Old 12-04-2016, 06:37 PM   #8
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hey Joe. How did it work out for you? Now that the cold weather is here I'm looking forward to all the battery questions.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 12:31 PM   #9
jjoediv
Not Yet Wild

everything is good, I left it on the charger overnight and in the am charger was at "0". I am now charging it again after using it for 3 or 4 days ( couple miles a day to run the dog) Should I charge it daily?The shop where I bought the 6 batteries told me about twice a week but other cart owners say daily, which is it? Thanks again for your input.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:52 PM   #10
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

Plug it in when you park it. Your batteries will last longer. I would question the battery place that told you that. Guess they just want to sell more batteries.
whit71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charging new batteries
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car