lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2017, 04:42 AM   #11
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Default Re: Club Car Precedent, speed code 4 or Plum Quick Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by klubber View Post
Also, as I have read here, speed code 4 will not increase your speed over the speed magnet. When you step on the Go pedal, is there travel before it engages?
I haven't paid much attention to the pedal movement relation to travel but I will check that. If so what is that an indication of?
beachcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2017, 09:20 AM   #12
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would go with the Bandit motor and a Alltrax 300 controller, 300, you'll be happy but your buddy won't.
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 02:37 PM   #13
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcarter View Post
I haven't paid much attention to the pedal movement relation to travel but I will check that. If so what is that an indication of?
Not sure if same wear happens on precedent but on my ds the joint where the pedal meets the arm to the MCOR gets worn and basically you don't get the full rotaturn. I took plastic wire tie and used it as a spacer and picked up a mph or 2
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:03 AM   #14
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcarter View Post
My 2003 Club Car DS had Speed Code 4 programmed and it still ran at 14-15 mph. After thinking it was the controller, I found movement in the accelerator pedal that was not supposed to be there. When the shop scanned the throttle response it was only 77-81%. The reason for this was the drive rod and some mounts underneath needed to be replaced to tighten everything up. Even a little bit of play in those parts can make a difference in speed. The lack of throttle I had prevented me from achieving the top speed initially. Now the cart hits 20mph with speed code 4. Relatively cheap fix if you find you have that issue.
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:00 AM   #15
Moonbuggy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

PQ will send you a new Bandit then you can return your motor so you won't be without a ride while you do the exchange. The Alltrax XCT500, 2 ga. cables, HD solenoid, and a Bandit motor will leave that gasser in the dust as soon as you touch the GO pedal.
Moonbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:15 AM   #16
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbuggy View Post
PQ will send you a new Bandit then you can return your motor so you won't be without a ride while you do the exchange. The Alltrax XCT500, 2 ga. cables, HD solenoid, and a Bandit motor will leave that gasser in the dust as soon as you touch the GO pedal.
And what would the cost be for all of that and the amount of time needed to upgrade? How often would the batteries need to be swapped out to
keep all of that going at it's peak performance. A couple of years, 5 years, 10 years...

Anything can go fast with enough money. Question is, is it worth it in the long run, or do you just go out and buy a gasser and do a couple of cheap upgrades if you want to tinker.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:39 PM   #17
Moonbuggy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

David at Revolution or Scotty at Carts Unlimited can provide prices for the controller, solenoid, and cables. Plum Quick has a variety of motors. I have had my Bandit motor for about six years. It is still going strong. My second hand cart came with NAPA golf cart batteries that lasted about 5 years using the standard Club Car charger. It now has a set of Trojan that are working well.

We use the cart on our farm. 100% off road, sometimes pulling a heavy trailer. It's quiet riding in the woods and there's no odor. No gas, no oil, low cost to charge the batteries. It'll spin the tires and pull you back in the seat.
Moonbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 10:43 PM   #18
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbuggy View Post
David at Revolution or Scotty at Carts Unlimited can provide prices for the controller, solenoid, and cables. Plum Quick has a variety of motors. I have had my Bandit motor for about six years. It is still going strong. My second hand cart came with NAPA golf cart batteries that lasted about 5 years using the standard Club Car charger. It now has a set of Trojan that are working well.

We use the cart on our farm. 100% off road, sometimes pulling a heavy trailer. It's quiet riding in the woods and there's no odor. No gas, no oil, low cost to charge the batteries. It'll spin the tires and pull you back in the seat.
My plan is to split the cost between our two main sponsors, Both have been helpful to me in troubleshooting problems plus general advice across the board.

I realize that I could acquire this "Stuff" cheaper from other sources but what is lacking from those other sources is support.
Support to means a lot. When I can't decipher the directions, or sponsors are just an email or phone call away....
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 10:45 PM   #19
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Double post guys. First that's happened to me in a long time....
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car