lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2017, 10:05 AM   #1
raenglehart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default DS everything swap from 1995 electric to 2003 gasser

Man, can't believe it's been this long and I haven't gotten on this forum.....lol. I've read and read and not finding a true answer. May try to go by a local cart shop too. Little background on me and cart knowledge. I have worked on or had Yamaha's, EZ-GO, Club Cars ranging from years 1989-2007, so am pretty familiar with most things cart related. I've not had an electric and gasser DS at the same time to do a comparison for the below situation that has presented itself though.

I'm wondering if I can do a full swap of body, lift, roof, rear seat kit, etc, from a 2003 DS electric over to a mid 90's gasser DS version? We got an electric '03 from when my wife's mother passed (see pics). Batteries are of course shot. I prefer the gassers anyhow. This electric '03 they put a ton of money in too (lift, wheels, tires, rear seat kit, one off upholstered, but most importantly a paint job full of murals, etc for University of South Carolina Gamecocks. I'm searching for a DS gasser that all I require that is runs. I want to swap everything over from the '03 electric. I'm going to look at one I found the other day online. Owner believes it is a '95.....fulgy, but runs....perfect for what I'm looking for.

Do all DS's gas or electric share the same frame is my question so I can do this? We must keep this thing in the family for obvious sentimental reasons, but I want to convert it to a gasser. I know the body and rear seat uprights changed in 2000.

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170610_093551311.jpg (311.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170610_093558119.jpg (276.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170610_093613794.jpg (358.3 KB, 0 views)
raenglehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: DS everything swap from 1995 electric to 2003 gasser

Only issue I'm aware of is the choke opening isn't in the same place as the charger socket opening. Get a little creative there and the rest should all work fine as far as the body goes. The chassis suspension may be a different story. If you can take a good look at the rear end / lift on the electric and have it in mind (or bring pics on your phone) when you look at the gas. There were changes in the rear end design during the years between, as well as the gas / electric difference. I don't know what brand or type lift you would be working with, but the lift for the rear may be a bit different. I think the front is probably OK

Last edited by meimk; 06-11-2017 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: more info
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 04:04 PM   #3
raenglehart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Appreciate the info. I'll definitely do that.........taking pics of the lift on the Electric one I have and compare to the gasser I'm going to look at tomorrow.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:10 AM   #4
raenglehart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Nothing new to report on this project. I passed on the '95. Missed out on a 2002 gasser version just like I was after (no mods, lifts, etc, but did run and body was all broken up. Coulda got it for $800, but missed it by about 30 minutes........darn....would have been perfect for my swap over. Oh well, search continues.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:08 PM   #5
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

I'm interested in this too. I'm getting tired of dealing with batteries, losing power, checking acid and worrying about keeping batteries charged. Plus, the thought of a big block down the road interests me too.

I'm interested in using my '99 body, top, rear seat and lift kit on a '96 or older gasser for the CCW rear end.

Should everything swap over no problem sans the choke and charge port locations? Anyone have a definitive answer?
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:07 AM   #6
raenglehart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Sadly, I have no update to report. Health issues/multiple surgeries these last 15 months or so have kept me away from all my projects. A little more research noted only thing I would need to swap over is the rear axle. Of course once I get I to actually doing this, I'm sure I'll find other things. Hoping I can find a 2000.5+ FS in order to minimize and issues. Guess I need to get on the hunt again for my gasser donor.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2018, 08:24 AM   #7
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Oh, yeah the whole rear axle/transaxle would have to be swapped over of course.

I would basically be taking everything on my current cart that sits above the floorboard (plus wheels, tires and lift kit) and putting in on whatever '96 and older gasser I can find.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car