lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2017, 08:05 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2005 DS (IQ) won't go, solenoid clicks on then off

Make sure the F1 or F2 spade connectors did not come loose from the controller when you reassembled the cart.

Also, based on your tests, the MCOR is not reaching 100% travel. You need to shim the pedal assembly with a piece of fuel hose or a zip tie to increase the travel.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2017, 10:14 AM   #12
batlbot
Not Yet Wild

mrgolf, you make me sad.
I was afraid someone was going to say something about letting the smoke out. You did it, so I blame you.

And now that I think about it, my "helper" (the Mrs.) dropped a washer that I think shorted across A2 to F2 on the motor. I didn't see it happen, but heard it; it was very quick.

Sergio, I rechecked last night all of the connectors, everything is clean and tight. As far as the MCOR, even with less than full travel, it should still be functional mostly, right? Also, I am not clear on where you are suggesting I shim the pedal? Are you saying just make it so the pedal moves the actuator on the MCOR a little farther?
batlbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:30 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You are correct on the MCOR, while it may prevent 100% throttle, it is far enough to drive the cart.

Here is what I meant about shimming:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1377842
The reason I asked about the F1 and F2 connectors is that your explanation of "feel the motor trying to go" usually means the Field driver is not working (no torque).

Any momentary short on the F1 or F2 connector at the Motor will typically take out the Controller Field driver, but mrgolf said it first...
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:42 PM   #14
batlbot
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Any momentary short on the F1 or F2 connector at the Motor will typically take out the Controller Field driver, but mrgolf said it first...
NOOOOOOOoooooo...

Ah well, I wanted one of them fancy Alltrax Controllers anyway.

Thanks to all for the help and suggestions. I'll post back when I put the new controller in to close this out.
Old 06-18-2017, 02:44 PM   #15
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by batlbot View Post
mrgolf, you make me sad.
I was afraid someone was going to say something about letting the smoke out. You did it, so I blame you.

And now that I think about it, my "helper" (the Mrs.) dropped a washer that I think shorted across A2 to F2 on the motor. I didn't see it happen, but heard it; it was very quick.

Sergio, I rechecked last night all of the connectors, everything is clean and tight. As far as the MCOR, even with less than full travel, it should still be functional mostly, right? Also, I am not clear on where you are suggesting I shim the pedal? Are you saying just make it so the pedal moves the actuator on the MCOR a little farther?
That was the first thing I learned about carts. Bad thing is my mechanic was the one who dropped the wrench on the motor. Then I had to buy a new controller. He is no longer my mechanic. Claimed the Sparks didn't take out.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 03:21 PM   #16
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
-snip- He is no longer my mechanic. Claimed the Sparks didn't take out.
Don't you love an ad-hoc professional.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 03:41 PM   #17
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Can't say much, if I wasn't so darn lazy it would not have happen. I no longer have others work on my carts.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:12 AM   #18
batlbot
Not Yet Wild

OK so here is where the story ends. With a happy ending!

I got the new alltrax controller last week and finally installed it yesterday. Yay, it works! (Remember for posterity that I had already installed a new 200Amp solenoid).

Wow, it's fast too! I have had this buggy for about 6-7 years. Mostly just tool around the neighborhood and haul crap around my yard with it (including a little 16 foot travel trailer ). It's never gone over 12 mph on flat road with a tail wind. Right out of the gate with the programming from scottyb/carts unlimited, it was going an uncomfortably fast 23 mph .

Lesson learned, don't drop steel stuff around the motor and whatnot.

One thing I had to do was crank the throttle control way back to I think 35% to keep it from giving me whiplash with the super quick acceleration!

Thanks to mrgolf and sergio for their keen analysis.

Also, mrgolf, yes I have learned and relearned the "don't let other people fix your stuff" lesson a hundred times over the years. Very few service folks will do the job as well as you will do it yourself. I relearned it again just this week by having a local Bike Shop "fix" a super annoying squeak on my mountain bike. I didn't feel like working on it myself (lazy) so asked them to do it. They worked on it, said it was fixed, I picked it up and the squeak was there in the first 3 seconds of riding the bike. Spent a few hours finding and fixing myself yesterday. Lesson learned (again).
Old 06-25-2017, 08:55 AM   #19
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Good deal

Sometimes we just have to do things our self. No matter how old we get and lazy.

Tags
controller, won't go
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car