lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2017, 06:08 PM   #1
Kimarine
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Best way to lift a Villager 8

Hi everyone,
I'm new to forum and new to golf cart ownership. I recently purchased a 2007 Club Car Villager 8. I'm going to do all of the renovation on this beast myself. Done a few things already. Engine runs well now but I have decided I want to lift it. I have read that a spindle lift kit is not heavy duty enough for this cart. So I guess an A-arm lift kit is the way to go. Looking for options and opinions on this point. Another issue is that I don't want to lose the front brakes. I'm not sure why but most things I've read state that if you lift this cart, you will have to lose the front brakes. There must be a way around this - maybe need different brakes or longer cable? Any help you can give would be awesome
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0290.JPG (37.1 KB, 0 views)
Kimarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2017, 07:18 PM   #2
toxicwaste29
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Best way to lift a Villager 8

Is that pic of the cart? It's already had a lift installed.
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:50 AM   #3
Kimarine
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicwaste29 View Post
Is that pic of the cart? It's already had a lift installed.
No that's not my cart. It's a picture of what I want my cart to look like. I've taken my cart apart to a great extent. Not ready for a photo op yet
Old 08-18-2017, 09:15 AM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Welcome to BGW Ki!

Don't quote me... but, I'm pretty sure that Jake's is the only company that has lift kits for front mechanical brakes,
3" spindle, 6" spindle, and Long Travel...

I had Jake's 3" spindles on my DS, and it took a lot of the off road abuse that I gave it!
I'd bet the 3" would be okay on your V8, as long as you keep it on the street! (not sure I'd trust a 6" spindle lift for that monster!)
The Long Travel would really be your best bet... and you can keep your front brakes!

Note: even if the cart is torn down to the frame... photo op's are "A MUST" on BGW!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:07 AM   #5
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Just a thought, but You could use a double A-arm kit and swap your factory front brakes to a set of Jakes disc brakes for less money than the Long-Travel kit alone - You'd get the structural benefit of the A-arm kit PLUS You'd definitely be upgrading the factory mechanical brakes, just a thought if there's a budget involved ... Otherwise the LT kit is definitely the way to go. It's amazing what a spindle lift can take abuse-wise, but I'd be leery of the sheer weight on a bigger (IE 6") spindle lift with that cart fully loaded.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 04:19 PM   #6
Kimarine
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the input! Just ordered the long travel kit. This is going to be fun! This is an actual picture of my cart
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0347.jpg (153.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-19-2017, 06:07 AM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

NICE!

Now... do me a favor!
I've been on this forum for a VERY long time, and there aren't very many Villager 8 builds!
Would you be willing to start a new thread in the "Members Rides" forum, and document everything that you do with it???
(with descriptions, and lots of photos of tear down, and build up)
If it's drastic, or minimal changes, or takes a year or 2, it won't matter... pretty much everyone loves limo's!

>>>> http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/members-rides/ <<<<

AND... attached below is a PDF of an "Illustrated Parts List" for your cart, (if you don't have it already)
it has part numbers, wiring diagrams, and exploded views of every single nut and bolt for your cart!
Save the PDF to your computer for future reference... I use mine all of the time!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:33 AM   #8
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Thumbs down Re: Best way to lift a Villager 8

Welcome,
I have had and tried many different lifts, most of them broke because of the abuse, I threw at them. I finally got tired of replacing lift after lift.
Lockman, persuaded me to go with a Jake's long travel. It has turned out to be one of the better Investments for my cart. The abuse this lift takes, should never be put through the paces that I put it through. ( hangs head in shame, looking down at the ground kicking rocks) this lift can take it all!!

The first thing you will notice with this lift kit, is the ride it is simply amazing! The steering and the handling all work effortlessly together. But it should be for the price that you paid for it

The Jake's lift has only one fault that I have found,
Their directions are **##ing horrible.
I will try and find a thread for you that will help you out with the lift I will post it for you when I find it hope this information helps
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:40 AM   #9
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Hey K,
A posted a thread that has many pics of the long travel installation....

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...ng-travel.html

This thread should help you, and maybe you won't make the mistakes I made......
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:51 AM   #10
Kimarine
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for all the info, lockman1, projectclubcar and brewcitymusic. I'll start a new thread in the members-rides forum to keep y'all updated on the progress. The lift kit should be here Thursday but before that I'll try to post some background info and prep work info

Tags
front brakes, lift kit, villager 8
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car