lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2017, 10:29 AM   #1
bcsman
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default 93 DS starting and clutch issues kinda solved I think

Well been having starting issues for a month or better, replaced both belts and still squealing starter belt and not turning over the way it should. I have resolved a couple of the problems and this morning seems to be working as it should. Here's the problem symptoms and hopefully fixes:

1) Starter belt squeals and slipping when turning over. Did replace the belt and never seemed to get belt tight. Found the lower bracket the starter adjusts on was loose where it attaches to the motor. The screw had backed out, tightened and now able to fully get good tension on the belt.
2) Cart jerks and doesn't turn over well when starting. Found the drive clutch isn't moving back out to remove tension on the belt when I shut down. The cart should be basically in neutral until the motor spins fast enough to engage the drive clutch. I tapped it with a hammer and it would snap back and work OK but not a good fix. I read somewhere to try and blow around the edge of the clutch to remove built up dust and dirt where it has to slide. Have done that 2 times now and a bunch of dust came out. Just did a test run and now moves on its own when stopping.

Maybe not a long term fix but has got mine back to the proper start procedure. Hope for anyone experiencing similar issues this will help as I read here about alot of starting problems.
bcsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2017, 01:25 PM   #2
jdgriner
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 93 DS starting and clutch issues kinda solved I think

In my line of work, (not mechanic or golf cart tech) I've discovered that 99 percent of all problems can be fixed by cleaning it..

I especially something that is likely covered in old grease... Grease is the vain of my existence, when it gets old it gets hard and tacky (especially when cold)

I'd take it apart and clean the shaft the clutch slides on

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
jdgriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car