lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2017, 09:55 AM   #1
Jkirby891
Getting Wild

Default club car ds gas starter wont engage

I'm working on a 2004 club car ds gas. I have power to blue wire on small solenoid post from ignition when key is on, power carries over to the orange wire on other small post it also stays powered instead of going to ground. When pedal is activated the top pedal micro switch acts as it should. However I get zero voltage at the switch directly underneath where the black wire from voltage regulator ties into two white wires with black stripe on the other side of the switch. If I try to jump the two large post nothing happens at the starter. Bring me to believe this is a starter issue am I correct?

I replaced solenoid because I had a good spare to rule it out. I checked all ground wires on cart and running to starter. All seem to check out. Is there a way to test to be sure my starter is the culprit.
Jkirby891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2017, 06:05 PM   #2
Jkirby891
Getting Wild

Default Re: club car ds gas starter wont engage

Can anyone give some insight?
Old 09-19-2017, 06:37 PM   #3
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

You jump the solenoid and it doesn't crank over-then it could be starter.

Do you have 12 volts going to the small posts of the solenoid when you press the pedal?

Make you have put everything back the way it was, so we don't chase our tail. Its simple to figure this out
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:07 PM   #4
Jkirby891
Getting Wild

[QUOTE=Golf cart guy;1433899]You jump the solenoid and it doesn't crank over-then it could be starter.

Do you have 12 volts going to the small posts of the solenoid when you press the pedal?

Make you have put everything back the way it was, so we don't chase our tail. Its simple to figure

I do and it carries over to orange wire. Which goes to pedal micro switch and carries over as it should. The problem I'm seeing no voltage on the second micro switch directly under that one that has the voltage regulator plugged into it.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:45 PM   #5
Jkirby891
Getting Wild

I believe orange should go to ground but stays powered when pedal is pressed.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:01 PM   #6
Jkirby891
Getting Wild

Replaced starter and all is well.

Tags
starter club car ds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car