lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2017, 06:39 AM   #11
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

Default Re: MCOR-4 Question

I did the upgrade you are talking about a year ago, TahoedawgZ71 hooked me up and I do not regret it at all! My cart was also a 1999 Regen 2. I added a Plumb quick bandit motor and easily get 25mpg and have no problems going anywhere and through anything.
very easy to install the wire harness just take pictures and install the new one in the same routing as the old one.
cjpenny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2017, 06:46 AM   #12
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyer View Post
Tom47,
Since David Hicks, Revolution Golf Cars, has been helping you with diagnosis on your car, you might want to give him a chance to quote your XCT controller and harness.

He is also local in Augusta GA. I would think shipping might be cheaper as well.

Aflyer
Dave has been a great help with many issues since I got my first [and only I hope] cart.

Scotty has been helping with this one and I will purchase from him if I decide to go with it. Since I am in GA, I would have to pay state tax with Dave.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:49 AM   #13
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjpenny89 View Post
I did the upgrade you are talking about a year ago, TahoedawgZ71 hooked me up and I do not regret it at all! My cart was also a 1999 Regen 2. I added a Plumb quick bandit motor and easily get 25mpg and have no problems going anywhere and through anything.
very easy to install the wire harness just take pictures and install the new one in the same routing as the old one.
I'm having Scotty check out the Alltrax XCT-48400-PD+ controller. I hope it is still a current model. This one does not require conversion to IQ harness.

I'm not looking for much more speed, although anything more than the 13mph I get now would be great.

If I go this route, I'll start a new post to document the details.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:09 AM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The last information from Alltrax is that the PD+ XCT never went into production.

Did You by-pass the OBC?

In your cart the OBC powered the entire logic system instead of just the lockout function.

Since you are still using the OBC for charging, you can cut the Blue wire between the 6-pin connector and the OBC and splice the piece of the Blue wire that goes to the harness connector with the White wire.

I assume You also have the speed sensor disconnected right?

Edit:
Put some tape on the cut blue wire that goes into the OBC to insulate it as it has +48v.

Last edited by Sergio; 10-17-2017 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: Forgot about insulating the cut blue wire.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:54 AM   #15
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The last information from Alltrax is that the PD+ XCT never went into production.

Did You by-pass the OBC?

In your cart the OBC powered the entire logic system instead of just the lockout function.

Since you are still using the OBC for charging, you can cut the Blue wire between the 6-pin connector and the OBC and splice the piece of the Blue wire that goes to the harness connector with the White wire.

I assume You also have the speed sensor disconnected right?

Edit:
Put some tape on the cut blue wire that goes into the OBC to insulate it as it has +48v.
Ouch, so much for the plan!

I guess I will need to go with the IQ harness and XCT then. I was trying to get away from replacing the harness.

Yes the speed sensor is disconnected and the reverse solenoid and resistor coil has been removed.

The OBC is still working normally with the PD charger. I may want to go with a smart charger later, but for now the OBC seems to be working OK.

If I do the splice to remove the logic system power from the OBC, will the PD charger still work properly?

Last edited by Tom47; 10-17-2017 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: Added Info.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:05 AM   #16
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sergio,

Do you know if this Regen 2 to IQ adapter on Alltrax site might be available?
P6130060.jpg

Thanks, Tom

Last edited by Tom47; 10-17-2017 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: Add info.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:15 AM   #17
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjpenny89 View Post
It looks like this is the direction I will need to go, but with the stock motor.

Thanks, Tom
Old 10-17-2017, 09:33 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The adapter you show is for the now discontinued DCX controller. I question the wisdom of replacing one obsolete drive system with another obsolete drive system. The DCX controller was 20 yr old technology. It has been replaced by XCT controls. the difference is comparable to a flip phone and a smart phone.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:15 AM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree not to try to re-use the old PD+ harness, specially since the DCX controller always had a flaky relationship with how Club Car intended the MCOR to be used.

The XCT is a really nice Controller and a new harness is not hard to install and it will ensure a successful upgrade.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:06 PM   #20
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The adapter you show is for the now discontinued DCX controller. I question the wisdom of replacing one obsolete drive system with another obsolete drive system. The DCX controller was 20 yr old technology. It has been replaced by XCT controls. the difference is comparable to a flip phone and a smart phone.
As a back seat engineer, I always look for a better way when there isn't necessarily going to be one! I am still learning when to throw in the towel.

In this case, I need to bite the bullet and go with what you recommended in the beginning.

Scotty, please work up the quote and send to my email and I will place the order on your website.

And thanks to all of you who weren't afraid to keep me straight!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car