lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2017, 09:36 AM   #1
chops1sc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default DIY upgrades?

I ordered a flip-type rear seat and HD springs for my 2009 Precedent. Are there any upgrades or improvements that I can do while I'm installing these goodies?

I plan on adding a 6" a-arm lift in the future.

Last edited by chops1sc; 10-10-2017 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: removed non-sponsored vendor
chops1sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2017, 11:10 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: DIY upgrades?

It kills me how people order from BU and then come here for advice/help. Not poking you, but it still blows my mind, as we have site sponsors here that have everything you need for usually less AND give the technical advice you need with great customer service.

But to your point, you did not say what you had in regards to upgrades to your drive system, but if it is stock, I would be looking at a little more torque if I am going to be hauling people around, especially if it is lifted and bigger tires. An XCT controller will do wonders and gives you a lot of room for upgrading more (motor, etc.) down the road. Be sure you have 2 awg cables on there to help with your current configuration.

Good Luck!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:37 AM   #3
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

next time you need parts for your cart look here first > http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:40 AM   #4
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
next time you need parts for your cart look here first > http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
I 2nd that.
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:40 AM   #5
chops1sc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I understand where you're coming from and I appreciate your reply. I was mainly asking about stuff I can do (or even check out) while I have the rear jacked up, etc. I wasn't really asking about the stuff I bought per se. I was just adding context.
chops1sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:43 AM   #6
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

you could always replace the rear shocks while you are there and change the trans axle oil
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:45 AM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
you could always replace the rear shocks while you are there and change the trans axle oil
Bump!

22oz's of 85w/90 synthetic rear end grease. Mobil 1 or any good quality type will work fine.

Jack it up, pull the fill plug which is up the side of the housing. Then pull the drain plug and drain. (check oil for any foreign material)

Reinstall the drain plug, stick your manual $8 lube pump tube (from Advance Auto Parts) in the fill hole, lower the cart back level and pump it until it reaches the threads of the fill hole. (22 ounces + or - will get you there)

Read this.... Club car ds rear seal leaking
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car