lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2017, 05:05 PM   #1
zingerbateman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Wiring up leds, quick question

Hi guys! As stated in my intro page, I have a 01 CC that I bought for trapshooting. I've replaced all the front end bushings and have a dash to put in for my cool switches. I have my underglow lights installed and mounted the control box below the fuel pump. I have plans for a few single leds under dash so they will have their own switch and I have also have led head/tail light kit that still needs installed. My question is, should I install a terminal block behind dash for all my wires and then just run two wires to battery, or do I need a fuse block to run all my wires to? I just figured that it would be drier behind the dash in that extra space where the original dash plate was. Thanks Kim
zingerbateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2017, 08:16 PM   #2
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Default Re: Wiring up leds, quick question

It depends on who you ask, lol
At this time my cart has LED headlights, taillights, a big LED bar, LED orange and red running lights, blue light LEDs to under the dash, up until the spring I had disco lights under the body, but the Disco lights couldn't take the rough Trails, creeks roots,fallen trees stuff like that.

I run everything independent so each and every accessory can have its own fuse. And yes I'm missing my airbox but that was where it was mounted to the top of the air box two screws so it was easy to get in and out if needed....
Hope this helps you in some way.....
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:14 AM   #3
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectClubCar
I run everything independent so each and every accessory can have its own fuse.
I agree with PCC . Each circuit that you install should be fuse protected ... either by installing a fuse block or by in line fuse holders. You want to make sure that the fuses are readily accessible in case you need to trouble shoot a circuit. And also under cover is a great practice to follow.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:18 AM   #4
LVCJ
going,.. going,.. gone!

E-Z-GO

It would be a wise choice to run a fuse block with fuses for multiple electrical items. Each accessory should have its own fuse and wired with correct gauge (size) wire. This is safer and easier to troubleshoot later down the road if need be.
LVCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 04:16 AM   #5
zingerbateman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the replies! I’ll get one of those marine fuse blocks I’ve seen in my searching with a cover. But I can see that my wires are not going to be as big as those on PCC picture! My led wires are probably 18-22awg stranded that are on those cheap eBay lights.
zingerbateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:42 AM   #6
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

I believe that's 8 gauge wire that I use to run from the battery to my fuse block, which by the way is a marine fuse block and has a lid. Most of my wires are 16 to 18 gauge I believe with the exception of my winch, Witch is also a 8 gauge.
The reason I chose that location, was for two reasons the first reason being easy access easy to work on easy to get to the second reason is it pretty well protected out of the way where it doesn't see much weather.
I pretty much have all the accessories that you are talking about, I just traded my disco lights for a winch....
Old 11-03-2017, 06:31 AM   #7
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

I found a picture of my cart, way back when........

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car