lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2018, 08:14 PM   #1
mikeb33
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Can you change the governor speed?

I have a 1995 Club Car DS and was adjusting the governor today. I loosened the clamp and turned the slotted screw a little bit and that got me from 13-14 to around 18 mph. That's enough for now, plus I am going to get some 10" rims and tires soon and that should get me to 20 mph.
2 issues with my new found speed:
I can sometimes hit the rev limiter on a long run and easily downhill. I am a little concerned with merely disabling it since my kids (14 and up) sometimes drive it. Any way to raise the limit without disabling it?
Another is issue is how it takes off. Now with the new adjustment it tend to lurch up to speed, not smooth like before. Not bad on a straight, but turning around in a tight spot or in the garage it could be dicey. Anything I could do about that?

Thank you,

MIKE
mikeb33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2018, 06:36 PM   #2
mckittrick.joe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Can you change the governor speed?

You can't adjust rev limiter. You could adjust throttle cable in black box. Loosen nuts several turns adjust til you have more threads inside box. This will give you smoother take off and keep you from hitting rev limiter.
mckittrick.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 03:23 PM   #3
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Can you change the governor speed?

One option is to mount a toggle switch in line in the brown wire that goes to ground from the rev limiter. Toggle the switch on when you want the limiter to be in effect and off to disable it for your use.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rev limiter switch.jpg (128.2 KB, 0 views)
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car