lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2018, 08:19 PM   #1
Smartluck
Not Yet Wild

Default Blown 10 amp fuse.

Recently replaced the brushes in my starter generator and before that the solenoid. Ran fine for a couple weeks, now the 10 amp fuse blows everytime the pedal is pressed.

I disconnected all the accessories and it still blows. Traced all the wires to find any potential shorts but did not find anything.

I wanted to test the solenoid but was a little nervous to hook up the battery directly to the small posts. It ohms out ok without anything connected.

Can a bad solenoid or voltage regulator cause a blown fuse or is it definately in the wiring somewhere and I should just replace it all?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Smartluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2018, 01:15 PM   #2
fatboy11
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Blown 10 amp fuse.

I'm having this exact same issue now. I've replaced the starter/gen, solenoid, voltage regulator. Pushed gas pedal and 10 amp fuse blew. replaced and blew again. traced wires and found no shorts. could this be the key switch or GCOR? Anything else that would cause it. When fuse is good backup buzzer works.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 06:08 PM   #3
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

When you replaced the solenoid did you purchase a continuous duty solenoid. The solenoid is energized while the engine is running so the battery will charge. A solenoid for an automobile will burn up and may cause an internal short that will blow the fuse. I'm only guessing because I do not what cart you have or if it is peddle start or key start.
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:19 PM   #4
Smartluck
Not Yet Wild

Yes. I used an continuous duty solenoid. I pulled the solenoid and it checked ok with a meter.

I checked the starter generator with a meter as well and seems to be ok based on the procedure I found here.

I guess it's in the wiring somewhere so I'll start rewiring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Smartluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 11:30 AM   #5
Brand4192
Not Yet Wild

I had a similar issue with a 2006 club ds and it was the wiring for the key ignition. There was small pinch/break inside the wire insulation just behind the panel. Worth a check just in case
Brand4192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car