lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2018, 06:18 PM   #1
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default 2011 Precedent Curtis Anti tamper fault, not running

Never seen this fault before. When it shows up it's an active fault and car shuts down until it clears. Runs fine otherwise. Looked at the controller and it appears bone stock, tamper sticker is intact on the cover and it's not coded to speed or anything. This code isn't in the book either. Car is on a 3 inch lift and came in for alignment/camber problems. Just didn't want to run when I tried to drive it into the shop to fix that. Ran fine shortly after when I cycled the tow/run switch and code went away.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2018, 07:01 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2011 Precedent Curtis Anti tamper fault, not running

With the little information you provided I'm going to take a SWAG. Did this cart come from a golf course that uses GPS Systems. If so it might be sensing something wrong like its been stolen or off the cart path.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:11 PM   #3
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

No sign of such a system, no remnants of antennas or the like. This fault is coming from the speed controller (gray box, #1206hb-5251)
Old 08-29-2018, 07:24 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

From the Club Car Expert:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
It's all part of that Excel / Visage golf cart GPS crap. Make sure CONTROL MODE is turned to ZERO and ANTI-TAMPER is turned to ZERO. These aren't really "Codes". They're more of a "Condition" than a "fault"...
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:11 PM   #5
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Whatever it was it shut the car down until it cleared (by cycling run/tow)

As my handheld is a pile of garbage (severely limited 1311, dealer level only, told any higher isn't legal or violates some NDA) I can't change parameters just see and clear stuff.

We are trying (and failing) to get hold of a OEM level Curtis handset, I'll be happier when I can turn this bloody stuff off
Old 08-29-2018, 09:42 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
We are trying (and failing) to get hold of a OEM level Curtis handset, I'll be happier when I can turn this bloody stuff off
Just get your own OEM level https://www.ebay.com/itm/Curtis-Upgr...YAAOSwGPxaJxQk and then you have your own programmer to do anything you want. You will fine them from time to time in "used" format that are usually a great buy.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:03 PM   #7
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

The last two items we got from ebay turned out to be faulty. One was a G9 wiring harness and the other a controller that had the smoke let out of it. Sadly that made boss avoid ebay so that's a nope.

We can get a color screen Curtis 1313K, what does it do? Is it just lipstick on a 1311 or can it actually be useful?
Old 08-29-2018, 10:09 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

1313 is the latest version form Curtis it does have better features and a better formatted screen layout. The OEM level allows you to make all changes within the controller including re-writing parameters.

I do not buy lots of things from ebay, but a new curtis programmer is a new curtis programmer, so the savings is great and real. Plus the warranty and ebay/paypals buyer protection has never ever failed me in regards to shisters...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 06:34 AM   #9
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Nick where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:03 AM   #10
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Tonys Golf Carts & Parts, Owensboro, KY.

I will be doing the front end work today since the parts came in, but so far it has been running and the anti tamper fault cleared itself. Just worried it might show up when a customer needs to use it. It never was an issue on the repair order....Just that it hit a tree (yes, parents are not even afraid or worried about their children on a golf car running into trees or ditches around here. go figure) and messed the camber and front leaf spring all up.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car