lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2018, 09:26 PM   #1
StarBreaker
Not Yet Wild

Default Winter time storage

Just purchased my new to me 2014 Club Car Precedent (electric)this past spring.
Anything I need to tend to for winter storage. I live in Cincinnati Ohio.

I do plan to keep it plugged in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0917 (2).JPG (150.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by StarBreaker; 09-15-2018 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: Add photo and location
StarBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2018, 09:54 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Winter time storage

If you are not going to use it until spring, this is just me, I would charge the batteries and then put cart in tow. Then unhook main negative and positive battery cables. Of course unhook charger first.

In the spring hook cables back up, check water level to make sure it is still over the plates, plug charger in and let it charge. You should be back to normal then.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 05:52 AM   #3
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

You have the E.R.I.C. Charging system you can just plug it in and it will charge as needed.
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 12:34 PM   #4
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

If it's not plugged in the batteries may self discharge and freeze. Unless it's in a heated area.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 12:41 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A 2014 should have the Eric Charge system. Fill the batteries to the proper level. Plug the charger in securely and let the charger maintain the batteries.
Recheck the water levels at 4-6 week intervals while insuring the charger lights are still on. If you wish to go one step beyond this install an in-dash battery meter or use a handheld meter to check the battery pack voltage when you check on the water levels.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:13 AM   #6
LouisC
Getting Wild

I live in Northern NH - It gets real Cold here during the Winter...I have a 2013 Precedent and all I did was make sure the level on the batteries was above the plates....put it in Tow mode...charged the batteries for at least 16 hours...unplugged the charger....disconnected the pack Negative. Covered the buggie with a canvas cover that has a great elastic on the bottom that held it there until April. Had NO Problems...When May 1st got here I reconnected the Pack Negative...checked all my batteries levels...put a multi meter on each battery and the entire pack. All was a great levels...I charged the batteries to a full charge - (to make sure). Put the buggie in Run Mode, turned the key and off I went.... Good Luck
LouisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 06:40 AM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I never ever let batteries sit sit without a charge source for any type of duration. Sulfation will start to occur as soon as the batteries voltage drops and although once and a while will not necessarily ruin them, long duration's over time will absolutely shorten their life. I have gotten 8 to 10 years out of every pack I have had with US Batteries, Trojan's, OBC's, and "good" battery maintenance. So I do not speak from theory or fiction, I speak from facts and experience.

All batteries will naturally self discharge over a period of time whether the battery is used or not. This means that the battery capacity will go down over a time period regardless if the battery is being used or not. Flooded Lead Acid Batteries are generally gauged at 5% per month up to 15% loss per month, which would be based on the chemistry type used, age of the batteries, and the temperature the battery is stored at or ambient temperature. (Hotter is higher)

Battery self-discharge (as is sulfation) is a scientific fact in which internal chemical reactions reduce the stored charge of the battery and is not folklore or fiction. As the charge drops, sulfation begins to occur and that is generally the biggest contributor to premature battery failure.

Again, to each his own, and this is not meant to poke or prod someone that likes to charge and unhook their pack for long duration's, it is only to add some information from education and experience....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:15 PM   #8
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

cinci doesn't get snow... drive it all winter
i do in detroit
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car