lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2020, 05:42 AM   #1
Juskepan
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery Question

So I just bought a 2020 EZGO L6 72 V. Trojan batteries. 6 x 12v

I was asking the dealer their recommendation for max battery life and their answers throw me off, so now I’m confused. They said to not plug in until batteries were completely depleted and unplug once charged. If I run to the pool or something and back do not plug in after a very short trip.

This seems exact opposite of what I’ve read and thought I knew before.

Thanks so much for any insight.
Juskepan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2020, 06:40 AM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Battery Question

remember he is a dealer, he sells carts, replacement parts and batteries for a living , I plug mine in every night no matter how much it was driven. My Trojans will be 5 yrs old in Oct and still holding a charge fine
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 07:33 AM   #3
Juskepan
Not Yet Wild

Sure I understand. I’m in sales but I would never deliberately lie to a customer to decrease the life of my product. That is exactly how you do not get any repeat business!! Unreal
Old 06-04-2020, 07:39 AM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That is the opposite of everything I have learned about the care of flooded lead batteries.
The Crowns in my TXT are in their 7th year and doing fine.

Here's what the Trojan co says about battery care: https://www.trojanbattery.com/pdf/Tr...UsersGuide.pdf Charging starts on page 16.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 07:59 AM   #5
Juskepan
Not Yet Wild

Exactly! I got a great deal on the cart but will not be buying a **** thing from them again.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:41 AM   #6
2K6TBSS
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I typically plug my cart in every night. If it's a quick run to the pool, or a friends house in the neighborhood I might not plug it in that night. I do my best to not let my batteries get below about 75% (usually the lowest I would get it about 78%).

My parents went on a 6 week RV trip and they came back to batteries that were so dead they had to replace the whole pack. They had the charger plugged in, but it wasn't a smart charger so it never kicked back on. They now have an onboard smart charger on their cart.

I wouldn't trust anything that dealer says, it sounds like your sales person was just trying to get you back in a year or so for another round of batteries.
2K6TBSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 03:47 PM   #7
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I would recommend calling Trojan. They are the best resource for their product. They can explain what you should be doing and when for your specific product. Their website has you tube examples of equalization charging, log sheets for testing each cell's gravity, etc..

I highly recommend them.
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO