lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2020, 09:04 PM   #1
localbar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default RXV: What’s the largest Wheels / Tires for Stock?

Hey Folks,

What is the largest size wheels / tires that I can put on a stock RXV that will not rub without risk of having to modify the suspension?

Thanks.
localbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2020, 02:54 AM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV: What’s the largest Wheels / Tires for Stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by localbar View Post
Hey Folks,

What is the largest size wheels / tires that I can put on a stock RXV that will not rub without risk of having to modify the suspension?

Thanks.
20.5"in height
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 03:20 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

And it depends on what minor mods your willing to do. Just about every new rxv we sell has upgraded wheels & tires on it (street size, very little "lift kit & big tires here"). Theres a particular spot on the rear bumper (where its nearest to the inside of the rear tire) that can get a little "trim job" without hurting anything to eliminate "rubbing". That particular spot is the worst (so we automatically eliminate it on our builds). The front is more "forgiving" than the rear bumper thing.. works super sweet . I've posted pics here about the topic, and it isnt hard for any guy with tools. (Sandpaper & a nail file wont do it, nancy, its thick plastic)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 07:32 AM   #4
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've got 20.5" tires (205/35-R15) and haven't experienced any rubbing.

I do have a rear seat and plan to do the minor trimming that cgtech posted about.
Chevota Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 10:49 AM   #5
localbar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
And it depends on what minor mods your willing to do. Just about every new rxv we sell has upgraded wheels & tires on it (street size, very little "lift kit & big tires here"). Theres a particular spot on the rear bumper (where its nearest to the inside of the rear tire) that can get a little "trim job" without hurting anything to eliminate "rubbing". That particular spot is the worst (so we automatically eliminate it on our builds). The front is more "forgiving" than the rear bumper thing.. works super sweet . I've posted pics here about the topic, and it isnt hard for any guy with tools. (Sandpaper & a nail file wont do it, nancy, its thick plastic)
Thanks, I searched and wasn’t able to find your post. Would you mind sharing the link?

I am decent with a dremel, I added a 48v to 12v conversation and hooked up front, rear and underbody LED lights this week. I added a switch to the led underbody lights as it draws a small amount of power because it’s always on standby waiting for a signal to turn on and this cart is at a vacation home so it can sit for a few weeks in the summer and a several months in the winter.

I don’t want to lift the suspension - no need, it’s in a private community.
Thanks.
localbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 11:23 AM   #6
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by localbar View Post
Thanks, I searched and wasn’t able to find your post. Would you mind sharing the link?

I am decent with a dremel, I added a 48v to 12v conversation and hooked up front, rear and underbody LED lights this week. I added a switch to the led underbody lights as it draws a small amount of power because it’s always on standby waiting for a signal to turn on and this cart is at a vacation home so it can sit for a few weeks in the summer and a several months in the winter.

I don’t want to lift the suspension - no need, it’s in a private community.
Thanks.
I'm not cgtech, but here is the pic he recently posted. I saved a copy as I'll do the same trimming soon.

Photo courtesy cgtech

Chevota Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 11:30 AM   #7
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Approximately where the arrow points. The part nearest to the inside edge of the tire. Normally comes into play with suspension compression. Type of rear springs and weight on the back seat comes into play.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rxv rear bumper.jpg (11.8 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO