lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2009, 05:45 AM   #1
Hanzee
Not Yet Wild

Default Need MOSFETS for Speed Controller

Hi Guys: I don't know if I am posting at the right place here, but I am sure I will be redirected
My Speed Controller went on my Club Car CarryAll 1, and since I am into electronics, I am trying to find a source for the MOSFETS.
They are PMC-NE8D
Has anybody found these before or knows of a supplier or even a cross-ref for these?
Thanks so much in advance.
John
Hanzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2009, 06:09 AM   #2
buscopat
Gone Crazy

Club Car

Default Re: Need MOSFETS for Speed Controller

do a google search for your part number, andyou should find some.
buscopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:43 AM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

I've reworked a few. Your Gonna have a hard time finding them unless you buy them in serious bulk. Why do you think the FETS are bad?
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:29 AM   #4
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

http://www.1sourcecomponents.com/partinfo/pmc-ne8d.htm
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:20 AM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Not trying to contradict you GM but dealing with those chip supply websites is a waist of time. They are silicon brokers and dont/won't mess with small quantities, they don't own the stock. When they find out you only want 3 or 4 chips they will ignore you.
If your lucky you "might" find a dealer willing to help but those are very few and far between.

Curtis uses some basturd silicon and they do that for a few reasons. Mainly because they don't want Joe blows TV repair shop repairing their controllers. You can get the parts you just find its easier to pull teeth. The controller rebuilders buy in bulk thats why the can get them. If someone wants to go in on a bulk deal let me know. Iv'e got some controllers sitting here that need parts....just about got enough silicon saved to throw at them.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:16 AM   #6
Hanzee
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Guys for your input.
And yes I had already been by 1Source and their min order is 100 pieces.
I know the FETS are gone: first from the smell, and then after I opened the controller I saw that they were blasted to pieces!! Thats enough proof for me. HeHe.
I did have very good feedback from www.proactivecomponents.com
They responded back very quickly with quote of $11.58 per piece.
Right now I am just debating on getting speed controller from Golf Electronics, instead of doing the rework, since my cost per piece is quite high for low quantity order.
So Roady 89, Proactive will sell in smaller quantities if you need. I really give him a 5star rating on his follow ups and service especially for me, since I am an international customer.
One of the plastic end caps rotted off my controller case and thereby allowed mud and water to enter. The damage followed!

Is there any advantage for me to take a 400Amp controller in place of the stock 275A?
Just because there was one offered on eBay.

Thanks again guys for all your help.
John
Old 11-15-2009, 02:25 AM   #7
roady89
nimda
Club Car

The 400 will probly be 48 volts, thats a big plus.

Thanks for the heads up on those semis. Seems pretty steep but I guess that the price you pay for small quantities. The diode is the real bitch to find.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:29 AM   #8
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Kinda funny how those 2 sites have the EXACT same quantities of the PMC-NE8D from the 3 available sources.I guess they are buying from the same distributor.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:09 AM   #9
Hanzee
Not Yet Wild

Roady89 and GM:
I would like to replace my burned 275Amp speed controller with a 400Amp off of eBay. Do you see any problem with going with a higher amperage speed controller if they are both 36 Volt?
Thanks so much guys.
John
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car