lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2009, 07:14 PM   #1
biloyp
Not Yet Wild

Default Caroche Won't go in Forward

Thanks for the wiring diagram of my Caroche, helped answer my question. Now I have another problem. My GCar goes in Reverse and moves, but when I put the F/R Switch in FRWD all I hear is clicking. I have checked voltages on the F/R switch Motor leads and they are 36 VDC, but still can't go in FRWD. I am hoping it isn't the motor. Any help or experience with this? Could it be one of the solenoids?
biloyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Caroche Won't go in Forward

It won't be the motor. If it works in reverse it will work in forward if everything is right.

I'm not too familiar with the caroche. I suppose it could be a solenoid. I would think it would be the F/R switch. Double and tripple check your wiring.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
caroche 79
Not Yet Wild

i would think its your r/f switch you have more then 1 solenoid
caroche 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:22 AM   #4
teeth_of_liberty
Not Yet Wild

had similar problem with a 98 48v series....was a micro switch
teeth_of_liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:23 AM   #5
teeth_of_liberty
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeth_of_liberty View Post
had similar problem with a 98 48v series....was a micro switch
oops 97
teeth_of_liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:03 PM   #6
biloyp
Not Yet Wild

I've checked voltages on F/R switch leads going to the motor and on the micro located on the F/R switch. On the leads to the motor, there is 36 volts in Forward and 18 volts in Reverse. I've checked both sides of the micro leads and 36 volts in Forward and I believe 18 in Reverse. When I press the Accelerator pedal in Forward I can feel the solenoids clicking. The only thing I did prior to this problem was remove all 6 batteries, charge them and reinstall them. I downloaded a wiring diagram form this website (Thanks a bunch!) and have checked the wiring so many times, I know it is correct. Wierd problem.
biloyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:15 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

36v forward and 18v reverse is correct for the stock wiring.... It should run... you may have a bad reverse micro ... or if only one micro on the F&R then it is an activation problem at the micro in reverse only......?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caroche, forward
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car