lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #51
taylorar70
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Exclamation Re: Is There Any Way To Go From A Gas Motor Into This Stock Axle??(pics)

Okay guys i have found this i need your opionion please.........Cushman transmission/rear-end and Koller Engine 10hp Runs $200
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3mc3p53l95O35T35Pe9btfc5d71a6532015ee.jpg (5.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 3na3o93le5O65Q85Rf9bt715676218b1617e0.jpg (4.9 KB, 14 views)
taylorar70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #52
bond007
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Is There Any Way To Go From A Gas Motor Into This Stock Axle??(pics)

DUDE....I have the perfect plan for you!!! be a die-hart cart man, sell that truck behind you, buy a toyota to drive to school and trick out your cart!!!
bond007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:18 PM   #53
taylorar70
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Exclamation Re: Is There Any Way To Go From A Gas Motor Into This Stock Axle??(pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond007 View Post
DUDE....I have the perfect plan for you!!! be a die-hart cart man, sell that truck behind you, buy a toyota to drive to school and trick out your cart!!!
okay this is what my dad would do to me!
Old 12-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #54
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Is There Any Way To Go From A Gas Motor Into This Stock Axle??(pics)

Take the stuff to make it run, if it does, yes it is a place to start.

rig a gravity gas can and tube
carb spray
fully charged battery
and a hand full of tools
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:13 PM   #55
impalass88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorar70 View Post
Okay guys i have found this i need your opionion please.........Cushman transmission/rear-end and Koller Engine 10hp Runs $200
Taylor, this might possibly work, but without seeing it I cannot say for sure. One thing to consider that might end up casting you lots more money is how is what condition is the axle in? Are the bearings, seals, axles, and brakes in good operating condition? If you have locked up brakes or a bad bearing this could end up being a little pricier project. Inspect it well and take alot of measurements to see if this will work.

I know you have alot of desire to do this but one thing is that when you start putting parts on your cart that were not designed for that cart you can plan on lots of creative fabrication and along with this sometimes alot of unexpected expense. All that aside, your best bet would be what we have said all along, replace the electric motor and get it running, clean it up good. sell it and buy a descent running gas cart for the same money. Then after you have the gas cart you can spend a little at a time to improve looks and performance. In the long run you will be alot happier you did it this way. you will have a cart with all the parts it was designed to have and everything will work as it was designed to. Custom fabrication, even though you are not paying the labor because you are doing it yourself, is not cheap. There are alot of unexpected expenses that will add up to quite a bit of money. Trust me, I am doing a cart right now and it's the little things you don't expect that end up costing lots in the long run.
impalass88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:45 PM   #56
taylorar70
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

my parents will not let me sell it they said end of story i just need to find a motorcycle motor around me but i cant find one can anyone help???
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car