lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2009, 02:28 AM   #1
Tom New
Not Yet Wild

Default AC. Conversion Pott#2

Will try to give some info on our 2000 cc. conversion to 3-phase ac
My neighbor called and asked if I would help him do a conversion in my garage as a surprise for his family for Christmas. Since I am retired (retarded ha ha) and have the time on my hands "yea right".
When we started the cart was a bare frame power washed,all components removed, all panels removed. we did a 6" lift kit first front steering, assy. rear spacers, ect. new bushings and shocks,and installed the new throttle pot while under the car. Correct adjustment per instructions is important.Then replaced old motor with new 48v 3-phase ac motor, which fit right in.The instructions that come with the kit are actually very good. the only part that is reused is the original OBC.
Next the component mounting on the vertical plate under/behind the front seats.Front passenger side new controller (it is rather large) driver side the old OBC., back side of same panel is a bracket for 300amp fuse to positive side of batteries. With some spare room in this area we mounted an electric winch controller (not part of kit) to control a winch unit to be mounted under the front bumper later.
Next installed a cool mirror finish stainless dash panel which has hi/lo speed switch,key switch, digital meter which gives battery %,speed, ect. and battery warning light. Note: at this point we put a secret switch up under the frame to disable the high speed range as there will be youngsters running the cart, hi is close to 30mph, may be to much for them.
Will continue at a later date if anyone is interested? also will try to include some pictures and the diagram for the wiring which is hard to get unless you buy the conversion kit. I might add this is a rather pricey deal and will take 40+ man hours but is fun to do!

Last edited by Tom New; 12-17-2009 at 02:30 AM.. Reason: spelling
Tom New is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2009, 08:14 AM   #2
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Default Re: AC. Conversion Pott#2

Where did you get the kit ?
What are the advantages of conversion ?

Very Interesting ?
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:29 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We had one of these done. I must say the results werew impressive. You can just throw the brakes away .... the motor braking and acceleration are both very impressive. NOT CHEAP
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:54 AM   #4
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Thats it , You get to throw the breaks away ?
What about torque, speed, run time ...etc. a web link ?

NM just found one on the web $2,700.00
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Torque speed and run time are all dramatically improved. If you have the $ it is worth the conversion...... AC Regen braking is more effective that stock brakes.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:29 PM   #6
Tom New
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmorrison View Post
Where did you get the kit ?
What are the advantages of conversion ?

Very Interesting ?
Will have to get back to you with the details on where the kit came from as I did not purchase the equipment, just installed it To much for my wallet but fun

We were told the advantage to the conversion is Higher speed and longer continuous use (cruising) com paired to standard use for golf, Start and stop
I can tell you the top speed on level ground is great I will say this there is no noise except the sound of the tires on the pavement.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

...do you have the gauge working? Canyou give us ground speed etc?
Old 12-18-2009, 09:53 PM   #8
Tom New
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
...do you have the gauge working? Canyou give us ground speed etc?
first time we had it out with 2 adults batteries at 70% we ran to 27mph only about 10 min though as it started to rain
Cart is now complete will test run next week with GPS and give results on here
Old 12-18-2009, 09:56 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Our cart was stock also ran 28mph and quick to get there ... The most interesting to me was the great de-acceleration
Old 12-19-2009, 04:15 AM   #10
Tom New
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Our cart was stock also ran 28mph and quick to get there ... The most interesting to me was the great de-acceleration
The de-acceleration is great, the whole build was a fun challenge to do
The spookie part is how quiet this cart runs there is no sound, just tires on pavement.

Tags
how we did it!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car