lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #1
hacleme
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Advice

Recently purchased a CC 2006 precedent. Have ordered a 6" Allsport lift with tires. Primary use is riding trails on the property, mostly flat ground.
I have no desire to run this cart above 23 mph. Nice, smooth, easy driving thru the woods and trails only.

I am looking for a order of upgrades so I dont wind up P___ing away money, like I normally do....
Staying with the current 4-12v batteries. There new.
Up grade cables. I am assuming I would need to upgrade the ones to batteries and the ones to the motor as well? (4-12v batteries) I have access to Ultra Flex welding cable so this would be a freebie. . Would I need # 4 or 4/0?
Update the OBC from 2.5 to current version? I have no current issues reported with the one I have now so does it need to be upgraded to current version? Currently set to mfg level 3. Was told if I increase to 4 I will loose tork with the lift and tires.
If the above will not perform as I need then it would require one or both of the following, in which order?
A rework of the motor by PQ?
A new 400amp controller
Any suggestion in the order of what to upgrade would be appreciated.
hacleme is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2010, 06:42 PM   #2
carguy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Advice

hacleme

The cables should be upgraded to 4 gauge, not 4/0. I memory serves me right 4/0 cable are close to 1/2 inch in diameter, without any insulation.

If you charger is charging the batteries up to a good level then I wouldn't change the OBC. Mine (version2.05) only charges to 49 volts so am looking a changing the OBC or using some other kind of charger.

From what I understand, the speed settings are just that - speed settings.
They don't have anything to do with torque. The Hal effect sensor on the back of the motor tells the controller how fast the car is going and if the limit is 13 MPH, then it stops the car from going any faster. If the limit is 15 MPH - same deal, it limits the car and how fast it can go.

Hope this helps - just my .02 worth

Have fun ! Dave
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #3
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Advice

4/0 cables are larger than 4 ga. Most houses have 4/0 feed to them for a 200 amp service. They do have isulation on them.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car