lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2010, 03:31 PM   #11
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2002 Club DS IQ. Want to go fasssster.

I agree with the motor modification, better bang for the buck, with no other changes and forget about the dealer and his 100 charge to do nothing.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2010, 09:29 PM   #12
chris1434
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just found this forum and signed up today. Can't use PM yet. Will send you one as soon as I get that privilege. Thanks in advance. From my first day of reading, the folks on here are tremendously helpful. I hope to be able to contribute eventually.
chris1434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:47 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Keep posting Chris, your almost there. Lol
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:40 PM   #14
chris1434
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Made it. Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 03-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #15
chris1434
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Dtkana,

PM sent. Thanks..
Old 03-10-2010, 08:48 AM   #16
dtkana
Gone Wild
Club Car

I did not get a message. Spam folder probably got it. Please send again.
dtkana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:23 PM   #17
hyperjoe
Not Yet Wild

PM me as well with the info
hyperjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:24 PM   #18
chris1434
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks dtkana!! Like you, I have a stock 2004 DS IQ and also very few hills. How difficult was it replacing the motor? I am reasonably handy and do most of my own maintenance and repair. Also, did you notice if your batteries run down sooner from a time perspective? Figuring even if they don't last as long, you will go farther because of the speed but if they do last as long, you obviously can go a lot further on a charge.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:15 AM   #19
dtkana
Gone Wild
Club Car

It was not that hard. The hardest problem is the weight and awkwardness of trying to lower the motor into place. Two people would make it easier even though I did it alone. You should remove the back canopy supports and bag holders to make it easier. It might not even be possible without the back canopy supports removed. I never tried it with the top fully intact. I did not do a lot of driving prior to the new motor because it was kind of a upgrade/repair for me, so I cant answer your question on battery time. I do have brand new batteries and 4ga. battery cables. I use the cart around my town not for golf and I have yet to run it down to a point of noticing it slowing down much. I will say, there is a huge difference in going 14mph and 30.1mph. I don't really understand it, but this motor is not at all affected by the speed code installed in the stock controller. Well worth the money!
dtkana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #20
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

I installed my motor from the underside, not through the back panel. If you jack up your cart you'll have clearance to do it this way. You have to be careful when you finally remove the motor, have something underneath to catch it if you can't hold it up by yourself. Also you'll be pressing the motor up to the shaft when you are reinstalling it as well. My bagwell has the charger and a power cord reel mounted in it so it's not plausible to use the access panel.

A bit different note. I spoke to the gentleman who did dtkana’s motor, extremely nice man, and based on my cart weight of 1,140 pounds felt that I might be around the 27 mph mark, not 30. With what I have now I’m getting pretty much that now, highest being 28.1. He is working on another motor that might let my cart, with it’s weight, hit the 30 mark and will call me if and when he feels comfortable with constant results. I am also looking into a different vendor that has a motor, controller and adapters that should take an IQ cart up to the 40 MPH mark. I’ll know more about this in a couple of weeks and might be going that route.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car