lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
BallCo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Heavy-Duty Rear Leaf Elec Club Car

Any advice on a Heavy-Duty Rear Leaf Spring Kit for a electric club car.

The Serial number on the cart is AC0139-075182. So guess it is a 2001 electric cart.

I have a rear seat with the original leaf springs and the new low profile tires a rubbing in the back.

Should I get a 3 inch spindle lift kit at the same time or is that total different things?

Thanks Jeff
BallCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
bhfear
EZ-GO-N

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Heavy-Duty Rear Leaf Elec Club Car

http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-246...eavy-duty.aspx

And dont forget New bushings/bolts/ and longer U bolts, You will probably have to cut the front bolts off, right threw the bushings, On the CC's the front bolt/sleeve usually get rusted together inbetween the frame, But if you are going to upgrade your rear leaf springs it would be a good time to flip the axle and add your lift blocks, because it will all be apart anyways, Good Luck, and post pics as you go.
bhfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

sounds like a good time for a lift all the way round. although some of the guys in the forum have put air shocks on the rear for added clearance and hauling capacity.
wilster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:40 PM   #4
BallCo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks I think you may be correct on flipping the axle. I don't want to lift the cart up to much, 2 or 3 inches would be good.

The cart is only used on the street for the most part. I have also invested in the new low profile tires and rims which would look bad with a 6"kit. The front tires are also rubbing on the inside on sharp turns so I need to address the front as well.

I think I want to add the heavy duty rear leaf springs that you recommend. http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-246...eavy-duty.aspx

The next question that I have is can I flip the back axle to gain a small lift and if so do I need to buy anything else.

I would guess that a kit of some kind is needed for the front so the cart is not all jacked up in back from the new springs.

Thanks for the help.
BallCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #5
bhfear
EZ-GO-N

E-Z-GO

With a standard lift kit you buy from anyone it will come with a pair of long u bolts, a block, and a piece of flat stock with holes in it to mount your shock/and to put the u bolt threw.

Most people just go with a standard 6" lift, that way you can fit 22's or 23's with no rub, and it costs about the same as a 3 spindle lift from Jakes.
But when you say a small lift when you flip the axle regardless you are going to get about 5 inches of lift.

SO if you only want to run a 3" lift and run like 20-22's, I would recommend a jakes 3 inch spindle in the front and if there kit doesn’t come with a rear lift, just make some longer rear shackles to gain you a few inches in the rear.

But regardless of what you do lift wise I would recommend putting heavy duty leaf springs. Because sometimes ppl think they can lift the cart to avoid tire rub when ppl are on the back seat, with the stock leaf springs and that is just flat out dangerous because the springs will break.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:25 PM   #6
Gorhad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm new to this.

Just putting on some HD leaf springs because the oem singles rusted out and basically broke.

Had to cut and grind off all the 12 bolts and still have to drill the 2 front ones out

What does flipping the axle mean?
Gorhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #7
bhfear
EZ-GO-N

E-Z-GO

Note: on the 2 front bolts (on the rear Leaf springs), drop the rear down, then support the diff, then take a grinder with a cut of wheel and cut straight threw the rubber bushing right next to that frame horn where the bolt is, do that on both sides of the leaf, and bam your done, and when you replace springs you do the bushings anyways, and a pair of bolts aint no big thing, (Ya you only try the drill out/wrench & wratchet on the front bolts one time),

- Your not really flipping the axle its kind of a slang term, you are actually just mounting the leaf springs on top the rear axle instead of underneath,
Old 03-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #8
Gorhad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

so do you have to have a flat plate welded to the top of the axle tube like the one underneath
Old 03-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #9
bhfear
EZ-GO-N

E-Z-GO

okay I made this on paint bare with me on this one. No you dont weld/cut anything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cclift.jpg (12.8 KB, 86 views)
Old 03-07-2010, 07:11 PM   #10
Gorhad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok see what you mean

so i would need to buy

lift kit block

longer u bolts

lift kit flat stock

Are these items available from the sponsors
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car