lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2010, 07:42 AM   #11
Hntn4Ya
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 07 EZGO battery problem

I checked the voltages again this morning (about 9 hours after charging). The 5 that were reading 6.4 last night are down to 6.14 this morning and the other was down to 5.9. Pack was at 37.2. I'm guessing this means my batteries are shot. Seems to be on point with what they were doing when I drove the cart the other day as well...start out with plenty of power, and it falls off the charts quick. If I have to replace them are the Interstates a decent choice? My uncle is an Interstate dealer, and I probably could get them at his cost. Otherwise I'm probably stuck buying the Sam's Club brand. I couldn't find any Trojan dealers within 75 miles of me (google search). I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy them this week if that seems to be the general consensus. I also have a quote of $98 each for the Deka batteries. Are they ok?
Hntn4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2010, 08:28 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

All batteries are not the same. Look at amperage ratings and weight. You want the most of both for whatever $ you are going to spend. You can buy new batts from $89 to $120 but they are not the same.... If you plan on rough service, extended runs, hills, heavy load, bigger tires, etc. then get the higher amp capacity batteries...... if you are cruising a parking lot all day then buy the cheapest you can find

P.S.
Correct usage and proper maintenance will determine how well your batteries serve you more than the Brand you buy, as you see with your batteries.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:54 AM   #13
Hntn4Ya
Not Yet Wild

I understand what you're saying. Not sure which Deka's the guy was speaking of. A buddy of mine was in his store this morning and got the price for me. I see they make a 240AH 6 volt, and that would be the one I would be leaning towards, as my cart does have 22" tires and will be used off-road quite a bit.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:57 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hntn4Ya View Post
I understand what you're saying. Not sure which Deka's the guy was speaking of. A buddy of mine was in his store this morning and got the price for me. I see they make a 240AH 6 volt, and that would be the one I would be leaning towards, as my cart does have 22" tires and will be used off-road quite a bit.
Get the biggest batteries you can find Trojan T105 or better Crown 225 ..... Deka has been around.... They made the ford think batteries....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:08 AM   #15
Hntn4Ya
Not Yet Wild

Found an Interstate U2400 model with 251 AH rating and 70 pounds weight. If they are not through the roof expensive from my uncle, thats what I'm gonna go with. Can't find any Crown battery dealers in VA...and the closest Trojan dealer is 76 miles away. UGGGHHH..I hate making decisions
Old 03-24-2010, 12:32 PM   #16
impalass88
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Interstates should be fine. Stay away from Trojan anyway. their quality has really taken a nose dive. Those Interstates I believe are made by US Battery. Just remember to break them properly any keep them fully charged for longest life.
impalass88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:41 PM   #17
Hntn4Ya
Not Yet Wild

Well, I'm not gonna lie...price is gonna dictate my decision slightly. If I can get a 235 AH battery for say 85$ @ Sam's Club and a 251 AH battery for say$100 from my uncle...I would definetly buy the better battery for $100. Just can't afford to pay 150$ each for them right now. I will be very anal about keeping this cart and its batteries in top notch shape so I think either would probably work for me. I will be using this cart on dirt roads alot with some moderate hills is why I'm leaning towards the higher amp hour batteries, because I know those hills are really gonna be pulling some juice from them. I'm not realiing looking at Trojans seriously anyway, because there are 2 year old Trojans in this cart that are already bad now.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:42 PM   #18
Hntn4Ya
Not Yet Wild

Would it be smart to upgrade my battery cables to 4 gauge while I'm swapping batteries ...or will it make no difference without the upgraded controller?
Old 03-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #19
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

It's always smart to ugrade to 4g on a sparky. You will use higher grade materials than the factory uses, your efficiency will rise and they will last longer. The 6g cables from the factory have a useable life expectancy to match the FIRST set of batteries.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:48 PM   #20
Hntn4Ya
Not Yet Wild

OK...Might as well do it all at the same time then...Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car