lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #21
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: motor slipping, 05 precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ramey View Post
Ok, this is what I have. I pulled the motor thanks by the way to scubabud, read AMDnutt's thread about his PQ Motor and got some insight on how to get the motor off correctly. It definitely had a smell to it when I pulled it off. Are there any other signs I may see now that I have it off? Does anyone know the difference in price of a new stock motor from a CC dealer versus PQ?
I do know someone that has a 2006 stock CC motor from a Precedent for sale...

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-...precedent.html

I'd sell it for $150 shipped... but I still believe you'd be better off with a rebuilt by PQ using your motor as a core.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2010, 09:00 PM   #22
1ramey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Cool Re: motor slipping, 05 precedent

Talked to Plum Quick today, going to send my motor in tomorrow and get them to look at it. Guy at PQ said he could test it to make sure if the motor is bad or not.I stopped by the local CC dealer today, they say its the batteries. I still think its the motor. I purchased a load tester to load test the batteries and they still seam to be good even on a load. I will keep you updated on what PQ finds out.
1ramey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:04 AM   #23
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

If the motor is bad due to shuddering, you can tell. Burnt brushes, burnt commutator, its pretty tell all.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:17 PM   #24
1ramey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Got my PQ motor in today and the slipping or jumping when I start off has stopped. Although now I have a problem that I wasn't having before. When I went down the street to test it out got up to 20mph and the cart started cutting out like a miss in a gas engine or a governor which I know it don't have. Is that a battery issue? Also when I stopped there was a like a warning alarm that came on. Cart has been off of a charge for over a week but surely that didn't affect it?
Old 04-07-2010, 09:19 PM   #25
1ramey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Also, What about adding water? How do you know how much water to add? I can see the water in ever cell and the level is above the cell or whatever it is that you see in the battery.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #26
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Got my PQ motor in today and the slipping or jumping when I start off has stopped. Although now I have a problem that I wasn't having before. When I went down the street to test it out got up to 20mph and the cart started cutting out like a miss in a gas engine or a governor which I know it don't have. Is that a battery issue? Also when I stopped there was a like a warning alarm that came on. Cart has been off of a charge for over a week but surely that didn't affect it?
Sounds like a speed sensor issue. Make sure you plugged it in tight when you installed the motor.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:33 PM   #27
1ramey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Sounds like a speed sensor issue. Make sure you plugged it in tight when you installed the motor.
Well you know it has that clip on the harness. I plugged it in until it locked in.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:38 PM   #28
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:

What is the voltage of you battery pack?

Sounds like the Regen is NOT tricked which should be automatic with a PQ motor, (they all have a bypassed speed sensor,) so I'd call PQ to get their opinion on this.

Just noticed I got beat by TahoeDawg on this... LOL

Call PQ... speed sensor might have been damaged on shipping!
Old 04-07-2010, 09:47 PM   #29
1ramey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
What is the voltage of you battery pack?

Sounds like the Regen is NOT tricked which should be automatic with a PQ motor, (they all have a bypassed speed sensor,) so I'd call PQ to get their opinion on this.

Just noticed I got beat by TahoeDawg on this... LOL

Call PQ... speed sensor might have been damaged on shipping!
LOL... he did get you this time..

When you say voltage on the battery pack do you mean test each battery or is there a way I can test to get the voltage of all the batteries together? Everything looked really good as far as packing of the motor and it went on very very easy so I had no problem with that.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:08 PM   #30
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
LOL... he did get you this time..

When you say voltage on the battery pack do you mean test each battery or is there a way I can test to get the voltage of all the batteries together? Everything looked really good as far as packing of the motor and it went on very very easy so I had no problem with that.
I meant TOTAL battery pack, for a reference to see if you had a fully charged pack. 50.93 volts for a full 48v pack as an example.

If you have a problem then you have a problem no matter how it went on or how it looked. Your controller will prevent your speed from achieving anything over what your it's programed to allow. If a Code 4 then around 19.7 mph with stock tires and around 21 mph with 22" tires, (based on my cart with code 4 before motor upgrade.) If the speed sensor was bypassed then your controller can't tell how fast you're going so it can't slow you down to it's max setting. Call PQ and tell them what you are experiencing and see what they recommend.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car