lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2010, 10:14 PM   #31
1ramey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Cool Re: motor slipping, 05 precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
I meant TOTAL battery pack, for a reference to see if you had a fully charged pack. 50.93 volts for a full 48v pack as an example.

If you have a problem then you have a problem no matter how it went on or how it looked. Your controller will prevent your speed from achieving anything over what your it's programed to allow. If a Code 4 then around 19.7 mph with stock tires and around 21 mph with 22" tires, (based on my cart with code 4 before motor upgrade.) If the speed sensor was bypassed then your controller can't tell how fast you're going so it can't slow you down to it's max setting. Call PQ and tell them what you are experiencing and see what they recommend.
Cool Thanks! I need to get me one of those programmers. Our local club car dealer would charge me no telling how much just to put his eyes on it. Unbelievable!!!!
1ramey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2010, 10:15 PM   #32
dprice1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: motor slipping, 05 precedent

Curious to see myself as I am about to send my motor off of a precedent next week.
Post what speed your getting too once you get it figured out.
If he doesnt have code 4 and then doesnt sound like speed sensor issue.
dprice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #33
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ramey View Post
Cool Thanks! I need to get me one of those programmers. Our local club car dealer would charge me no telling how much just to put his eyes on it. Unbelievable!!!!
Wait... you don't need it to be re-programmed with a PQ motor if the speed sensor is bypassed properly. You should be doing 22-23 with stock tires and a PQ right now! With 22" tires you should be getting 24-26mph. Both are with no drag from anything including brakes, (should be able to move cart with hand back and forth with just a little effort.) Your tire pressure should also be up as well.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:27 PM   #34
1ramey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
Wait... you don't need it to be re-programmed with a PQ motor if the speed sensor is bypassed properly. You should be doing 22-23 with stock tires and a PQ right now! With 22" tires you should be getting 24-26mph. Both are with no drag from anything including brakes, (should be able to move cart with hand back and forth with just a little effort.) Your tire pressure should also be up as well.
Ok. I was able to get 20mph before it started that cutting out and that was only once. Now as soon as it hits 18-19 mph it cuts out. I'm gonna call PQ tomorrow and let them know what it's doing. SO programming will not help mine now that I have the PQ motor correct?
Old 04-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #35
1ramey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dprice1 View Post
Curious to see myself as I am about to send my motor off of a precedent next week.
Post what speed your getting too once you get it figured out.
If he doesnt have code 4 and then doesnt sound like speed sensor issue.
Oh by the way what is code 4?
Old 04-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #36
dprice1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Speed setting on stock motor 1-4. If you were running 14-16 before probablly speed code 3. Speed code 2 is like 12. If you were already running 19 before new motor you had speed code 4. Basically my understanding is that if it werent tricked you would be running the same mph you were before hand.
dprice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:36 PM   #37
1ramey
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dprice1 View Post
Speed setting on stock motor 1-4. If you were running 14-16 before probablly speed code 3. Speed code 2 is like 12. If you were already running 19 before new motor you had speed code 4. Basically my understanding is that if it werent tricked you would be running the same mph you were before hand.
I never checked it before but I can tell it's much faster than before. I just need to get this problem fixed with this cutting out deal.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #38
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

PQ uses different magnets in their speed sensors... The magnets emit magnetic pulses to the sensor and it tells the controller how fast the motor is running... PQ uses magnets that put out half the pulses than the standard magnet... For example, if you've got a 4 pulse/rpm magnet they'll put a 2 pulse/rpm magnet on the motor... Your controller only thinks it's running half of what it's really running. Thats how they get the extra speed without the controller slowing you down... Sounds to me like the magnets might have gotten mixed up and the original may have gotten re-installed on the motor.. just a thought.. Do you have an ADC or a GE motor?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:37 PM   #39
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

I agree with TD, one of the ways Club Club slowed down the Pathway was by changing that magnet out.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car