lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
tbonez
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent seemed gutless on the low range

I test drove a 2008 48 volt precedent today. Its has about 5 hours of use on it and he just replaced the batteries. The cart seemed to have very little torque at low range. I had to push the pedal down 1/4 of the way to bring up the speed. The max speed was probably 10-15mph. Are the precedents usually this gutless at low speeds? After the test drive I am worried about getting up the hills in my area...
tbonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent seemed gutless on the low range

Precedents have more than enough power to climb the average neighborhood paved hill. All the speed settings are programmable. Don't judge the entire vehicle by any particular one you rode. You may be surprised what can be changed simply by plugging in an IQ programmer and changing a few settings.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
tbonez
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Precedents have more than enough power to climb the average neighborhood paved hill. All the speed settings are programmable. Don't judge the entire vehicle by any particular one you rode. You may be surprised what can be changed simply by plugging in an IQ programmer and changing a few settings.
I read a little bit about the programming that the dealer can do. Maybe the cart I drove was set on 1. I guess I need to take it to a dealer and get it set to 4 if I purchase it.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:51 PM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I dont understand why a Precedent with only has 5 hours on it, why were the batterys changed? Could it have been changed from 12 volts batterys to 8 volts? Or was owner trying to fix slow speed problem with new batterys?
TahoeDawg could Tbonez's Motor speed sensor be bad as doesn't controller reset to about 8-10 MPH if problems occur?
I drove a local owned NEW Precedent a couple of weeks ago and my handicap scooter would be faster, and when dealer came by and checked it out the sensor on motor was defective. Now he can just about burn rubber with it ( 8 volt batterys ) and has been told to slow down in park or else. He is going to have dealer take cart in as the steering is very touchy and and jumps from side to side bad?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:31 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
I dont understand why a Precedent with only has 5 hours on it, why were the batterys changed? Could it have been changed from 12 volts batterys to 8 volts? Or was owner trying to fix slow speed problem with new batterys?
TahoeDawg could Tbonez's Motor speed sensor be bad as doesn't controller reset to about 8-10 MPH if problems occur?
I drove a local owned NEW Precedent a couple of weeks ago and my handicap scooter would be faster, and when dealer came by and checked it out the sensor on motor was defective. Now he can just about burn rubber with it ( 8 volt batterys ) and has been told to slow down in park or else. He is going to have dealer take cart in as the steering is very touchy and and jumps from side to side bad?
Yes the speed sensor will definitely make it seem gutless if it's malfunctioning. As for the steering... it needs a front end alignment... sounds like toe-out.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:02 PM   #6
tbonez
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Yes the speed sensor will definitely make it seem gutless if it's malfunctioning. As for the steering... it needs a front end alignment... sounds like toe-out.

TahoeDawg,

Do you have any idea how much a speed sensor cost or how difficult it is to put in?
Old 06-10-2010, 06:36 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonez View Post
TahoeDawg,

Do you have any idea how much a speed sensor cost or how difficult it is to put in?
If you've got a GE motor, it's about 90 bucks and it snaps on. If you've got an ADC black motor it's about 140 bucks and it's held on with 2 screws.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:54 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

one of the problems is that he said new batteries?? don,t know how old but if they arn,t broke in yet i can see it being a dog..............if thats the case you,ll see different results after break in............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car