lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 3" vs 6" lift

OK, the more I read the more confused I get!!!!! I thought I wanted a 3" lift for my 08' precedent but now I am thinking why not just get a 6". I have pretty much decided on the Jake's lift. With a 6", Will I need different shocks or anything? If I go up to 21"-22" tires, can the OME motor handle them? I just don't want to order a lift, wheels and tires and go to put it all togather and and have an oh crap moment when I find out I also needed "X".

Thanks
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2010, 06:49 PM   #2
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 3" vs 6" lift

If you go 6inch you can use any size tire you want as long as the rim is 10or 12 inch.You can keep your same shocks.It wont hurt your stock motor,as thats what I have in mine.I did upgrade to 4gauge cables and it made a difference.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
physcoflip
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have a CC 94 36 volt and it is fine with the stock motor and 23 inch tires. The only thing I have to do is replace the front leaf spring to a HD leaf spring because my tire catches the body on moving turns
physcoflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
seadoo10
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I dont want to hijack this thread but, while were on the discussion of lift kits. Does anyone have a preference between a spindle lift or an a-arm lift? I have a 2004 precedent I want to lift 6" Any suggestions?
seadoo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car