lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2010, 08:23 PM   #21
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charging problems

Ok, don't bang you head to hard against the wall. I am sure it is something stupid and simple, we just have not figured it out yet. Did you volt test each battery. I'm just curious. because even 36v is considered a dead pack much less 33v. I could be the pack is too low for the charger to come, so you may have to charge two batteries at a time with a 12v car charger. I know what everyone said about it should come on even if the pack is down to 28v...but you never know. Next, can you try a different out let. Or try a loaner charger from the shop. To see if its the cart itself or the outlet you got it plug into. Sorry if I am just throwing idea out, but ... that is what I'm doing.
good luck and let us know what happens.
joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #22
ronjb1949
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Joe,,i have changed different outlets and have check the outlet it does have power and no i havent check each battery,and i know 33 volts should kick the charger on..I am now in the house because it is cold in the shop..I'll check each battery tomorrow.. thank everyone for you help maybe we can figure this out,,before i do bang my head against the wall ..hahaha
ronjb1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #23
ronjb1949
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Joe I just noticed you are in Hawaii,,How about an invite to come down where it is warm...here in Tenn it is 30 degrees
Old 12-03-2010, 09:28 PM   #24
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Also, measure the pack voltage at the cart charge receptacle, not internally where the wires connect, but outside the cart where the radsock connections mate to the charge probes.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

good idea, G. also if the receptacle is worn holding the plug up will often make contact.... you know the charger should click about 10 seconds after it is connected? That click is the internal relay triggered by the pack voltage. If you don't get the click it won't come on....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #26
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ok this goes against everything I believe in but desperate times call for desperate measures.......

unplug the charger from the wall and from the cart
remove the cover from the charger
locate the 2 wires connected to the relay on the PC board inside the charger.
remove these 2 wires from the relay
connect these 2 wires together (either use a small jumper with 2 male spades on it or simply link the 2 female spades together)
plug the DC cord back into the cart
plug the AC cord into the wall.

Does the charger come on and show amperage?
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:24 PM   #27
ronjb1949
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Friends,,,Sorry I havent got back to my new helpers but i have been working from can to can't if you know what I mean..just got home when to garage to try some of the suggestions..so i plugged up the charger and plugg it into the cart and you are not going to beleive this, but the charger kicked on. Can anyone explain this after hours and days of checking and trying and changeing things and the charger not coming on and all of a sudden it decides to work.....I,m stumped....Thanks anyway to all you you who tried to help...It was not invain because i reaally learned alot..thanks again.

Ronnie
Old 12-06-2010, 03:20 AM   #28
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Good news. As to why Better connection
aloha
joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:45 AM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think it is the rad soks. intermittently working. while it is working lift on the handle or push down on it. Does that make the charger cut out? if not ... you got me on this one....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #30
jolsem725
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjb1949 View Post
Hey Joe I just noticed you are in Hawaii,,How about an invite to come down where it is warm...here in Tenn it is 30 degrees
I'll take the Tenn weather over ILL. 18 here now, heatwave compared to Sunday night's 4 degrees. Batteries had steam coming from the water when I checked their levels... :)
jolsem725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO