lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2011, 11:08 PM   #11
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just finished installing everything and now…. nothing?

[QUOTE=FYI- my friend that was helping finally admitted that the wires did spark when he was hooking it up. He said he accidently touch a positive to another positive.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing and got a loud snap. I thought I fried the solenoid, but it turned out ok..but I unhook my batteries no matter how simple I think the job is when working on the cart now.
The Diode on the solenoid should have band on it. That side (the one with the band/strip) of the diode should be connected to the battery side terminal on the solenoid.

joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2011, 11:18 PM   #12
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Joe, I always unhook the batteries also. I’m probably just not letting that guy help me again. I wired the diode according to the EZGO wiring diagram sticky at the top of the forum. There is a silver stripe that is supposed to go one way and I did that.
Superman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:39 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Your old charger receptacle had a red/white wire coming out of the back of it this wire MUST connect to the red wire going into the Barnes on the floor between the controller and F&R. If it does not then the red wire coming out of the harness on the floor between the controller and F&R MUST connect to the battery main positive. If not you will have no positive power to the solenoid or controller activation circuits. My guess is this is the area you should look at & test first.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:12 AM   #14
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

i know you have a 700lgs and mine is a 480lgs, but mine is wired red,orange, black white. just something to double check. also my re/white wire is missing so there is just a red directly to the fnr from the first pos. terminal. good luck, you will figure it out.

p.s. i like the solenoid set up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00336.jpg (97.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00395.jpg (102.8 KB, 13 views)
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:30 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoc1 View Post
i know you have a 700lgs and mine is a 480lgs, but mine is wired red,orange, black white. just something to double check. also my re/white wire is missing so there is just a red directly to the fnr from the first pos. terminal. good luck, you will figure it out.

That is crazy! According to Logisystem's directions you should swap the orange and white Orange being 1/2 power reverse... ?

Attached is the copy of the directions which come with every ITS controller for Ezgo. Check this out again .
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Logisystems ITS EZGO SERIES.pdf (8.9 KB, 14 views)
Old 02-24-2011, 09:37 AM   #16
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoc1 View Post

Consider yourselves lucky, I can't even get to my controller without laying on a crawler and putting the cart on jackstands!
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:40 AM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRS View Post
Consider yourselves lucky, I can't even get to my controller without laying on a crawler and putting the cart on jackstands!
STUPID Club Cars !
Old 02-24-2011, 10:07 AM   #18
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the input everyone. I followed Scottyb’s link the Logisystems controller’s directly when wiring the controller so it is hooked up according to their directions. I started looking for the red wire you were talking about Scotty and looked at some before photos. I noticed a black wire I had on the solenoid before that wasn’t on my new one. Sure enough, I went to my old parts junk pile and found a small black wire that was tossed in there. I installed it the way it was before (B- post on the controller to the small left side of the controller). You can see it in the picture on the B- controller post and then it goes under a 2 gauge cable, and then connects to the solenoid. After doing this I turned the key switch on, put it in F, and pressed the accelerator. There is a clicking noise coming from the solenoid now. I guess that is progress?

As for the red wire. There is a small red wire that comes from the throttle harness, out of the floor panel, and connects to the right side small terminal on the solenoid. I then have another red wire that comes off that same terminal on the solenoid and connects to the controller. You can see this in Picture #2.
The wire with the slicers is going to the controller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0054.jpg (75.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg help1.jpg (67.2 KB, 15 views)
Superman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #19
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

scotty, this what was sent when i bought mine. maybe they made a change. i know it works on mine.

what do you think would happen if swapped wires? blow it up? it goes 21 now, would love to go faster.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf lgs4800001.pdf (283.7 KB, 13 views)
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:21 PM   #20
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

OK I know I'm preaching to the choir , and I'm not trying to be a wise a55
But hoping the next package upgrade guy sees this..

When someone buys a kit , why don't U do the upgrade in steps.

F&R - then test
2 gauge cables - then test
D&D series motor - then test
Added 2 more 6V batteries - then test
HD 400A 48V solenoid - then test
700A Logisystems controller - then test

This makes life so much simpler ! ( my 2 cent worth )
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO