lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2011, 08:31 PM   #41
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Can anyone help me troubleshoot and find out why this is now working (electricall

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
This is how I explain it in my diagrams when I sell cable sets. There are 4 terminals on the rear side of the switch they are 12o'clock 3pm 6pm and 9am.
Without posting my diagrams, it goes like this;
9am goes to S1
12pm to A1
3pm to S2
6pm to B+

That's what I use for everything EXCEPT the stock controller in a series Ezslo.
still don't understand the EXCEPT part? what is different?
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2011, 08:35 PM   #42
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Can anyone help me troubleshoot and find out why this is now working (electricall

Last time I came across a situation as frustrating as this We sent the controller back to LGS and they repaired the Reversed polarity damage and all was fine.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:04 PM   #43
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoc1 View Post
still don't understand the EXCEPT part? what is different?
I’m with Madoc on this. I really hate to keep bothering you Scotty but I’m really trying to understand? If LGS requires a different system wiring diagram than stock, why would they not include that in their instruction??? I bought the controller straight from them so I would think LGS of all people would include that? ESPECIALLY!!!!! If it could cause “reversed polarity damage”!
Superman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:12 PM   #44
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Good grief, you 2 need to take a chill pill The Ezgo stock controller has the 4th A2 terminal on the controller... Just let me know what you find is wrong. I haven't a clue like everyone else
Old 02-28-2011, 05:57 AM   #45
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

thx for the explanation scotty on the a2. also going back and looking at the factory parts manual for the 94-95 model, the s1 goes to d and s2 to b, but later manuals have the opposite. that did confuse me, but if wizard is correct it makes no differennce. i agree the issue needs to be looked at by lgs.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:57 AM   #46
OU4LIFE
Sooner Faithful

E-Z-GO

this has been entertaining to say the least. Sorry for your frustration Super, but at the same time I feel great about getting help when things go bad on my '95 build. And they will....cause I have NO idea about wiring. Mechanically I'm a decent hand, but electrically....

Please let us know what you find out Super. Good luck
OU4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:55 AM   #47
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There is more than one way to skin this cat
Old 02-28-2011, 11:50 AM   #48
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

As far as the connections go, keep in mind that on a series cart direction is controlled by POLARITY to the motor terminals ONLY (this is what the F/R assembly does, reverses polarity). If you have 2 cables coming into the F/R switch, and 2 cables leaving the F/R switch, switching them around would only make the motor spin in the opposite direction. Electricly, it makes no difference, assuming half-speed reverse is not employed.

Maybe this helps, maybe it further muddies the water....
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO