lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2008, 05:21 PM   #21
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Need Help On A 20hp Vanguard Swap!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
the clutch shouldn't really engage right away as long as its idling, i guess if its set up right. I was thinking today, If i were going to replace the motor in my cart, I think it would be cool to use a street bike engine and have the cart chain driven instead of belt, they already have built in gear boxes, plus it would be sick to have a clutch pedal and a real shifter, I could gear the chain down for torque, i mean those bikes have tons of power anyway and it shouldn't be that hard to find a wrecked bike, or quad... just think about that, a 4 cylinder 6 speed golf cart, maybe a 4 wheel disk break kit. ha ha someday...
Check out these threads.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...g-started.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/video...ted-video.html

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2008, 07:05 PM   #22
Santa
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

OHH MY GOD that was so sick... so sick...
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:19 PM   #23
OregonMike
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Location: Anywhere Near Roseburg, Oregon, where I can find some twisties!

Well, If you gonna do a bike motor, I would sugest a 01-02 GSX-R1000 motor. They have lots of mid torque, are rather small, and with a pipe, I am putting about 145 HP to the ground.... that should make a cart fly.

Of course, when I want to fly, I just take the bike! I got the cart to drag my carcus around at the Moto GP races...LOL!
OregonMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #24
Santa
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

If i were to do something like this, I think i would use a quad motor thats chain driven, something smaller, something around 20-30hp. I think I would rather have a cart that looks mostly stock and not have to stretch the wheel base, maybe even put a big muffler on it so it doesn't even sound modified, that cart was insane, but if i were going to spend 10-15,000 I would rather just get a sideXside like that polaris razr I'm pretty sure that thing could do anything and then more than any modified golf cart. I'm trying to put a stereo system in the g2 this weekend, well first i need to figure out how to wire the head unit, and if it does work i'll buy some marine speakers and just recess them into the body, it would be used for campfires and stuf, I already have a big marine battery in it so a couple hours of music wont kill it, that plus i got turn signals, horn, break lights, tail lights 6 marker lights high and low beams, (Fog and driving), and mirrors (To try and make it street legal) I live on a lake and the driving lights blind people who are walking at night, and I got a reverse light, I took the back up buzzer and used a light instead, You can use all the lights you can get when your too drunk to walk home but can still drive the cart! I'll post pics when I get the chance, its like a VW Golf (cart) lol I have vw badges on it
Old 06-05-2008, 10:00 PM   #25
Jeff Gordon's G2
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Well I can help you with wiring the head unit for your stereo system. I installed a Pioneer AM/FM/CD/DVD with flip out 7" screen. Wire the yellow wire(usually yellow and constant power(memory)) straight to the battery. The red (switched) wire can splice into the red on the back of the key switch. Use a test light to make sure the power goes on and off with the switch. Then you can turn it on and off with the key so in a drunken stupor you don't leave the radio on!! Also for speaker mounting... I put two 6" Cerwin Vega speakers that are by the driver and passengers' calves. Do NOT cut a hole on the passenger side with the seat down(riding position) like I did. I had to buy a new gas tank as I cut a hole right thru that sucker with a rotozip!! I am not keen on the position of the speakers because at 35MPH you turn the radio up pretty good and when you stop(and no longer have the wind in your face) I basically go deaf because it's so frickin' loud!! No wonder the whole campground turns to look at me!! The Vega's definately pound...I was impressed. I also have undercart neon, headlights and tailights, and rope lighting tucked in the roof. I use a 1000 CCA deep cycle marine battery in mine and I have played music with the neon flashing away for a couple hours with no effect on the battery whatsoever!
Jeff Gordon's G2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:02 PM   #26
Jeff Gordon's G2
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Also, mine is a G2 and I cut out the golf ball holder below the cup holders to perfectly slide the head unit in. All wires are concealed and it looks as it came that way from the factory.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:11 PM   #27
Santa
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

that sounds awesome, i almost drilled through the gas tank when i put in my marker lights, it actually started drilling through the tank but didn't make it all the way through, that is where i plan on putting the speakers though, but i'll be very careful, maybe i'll find a steel plate to put behind it, two were going to go there and the other two will go behind the seat facing up next to the scuff guards on the back, i already fabbed up a head unit box that will mount right behind the seat, basically because there is no where else to put it, i had to make a new front body because when i first got it back in high school, i had no money and it had an enormous hole in it, I think who ever owned it hit a telephone pole or something. so the new one is very low profile, all sheet metal and tubing. I'll post pics tomorrow.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:19 PM   #28
Santa
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

All my lights run off relays that are switched on with the key switch, so i can leave the lights on and just take out the key they turn off and when i put the key back in they turn on, plus the way i had to wire my break light was insane, it was a universal break light switch that i had to mount inside the engine compartment and run a bicycle shifter cable from the break pedal to the frame and that runs inside to pull the switch, Since the cable is grounded i couldn't use a positive wire through the switch (Burned out the first one) so i used a ground as the source and ran that to a relay and that ground switches the positive to the lights! so i'll just use a positive source from one of the relays that i already know provides power. OHH and Thanks for the advice!
Old 06-05-2008, 10:25 PM   #29
Jeff Gordon's G2
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Holy cheez wiz!!! The brake lights sound like a pain in the a$$!! Hopefully with my big block swap I will be so far ahead of anyone nobody will need to see brake lights!! Do the brake lights stay on with the brake pedal locked?
Old 06-06-2008, 06:24 AM   #30
Santa
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

yep but they run off a source from another relay thats only on with the key so all i gotta do is turn the key off.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha