lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #21
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 8 T-105s Under The Seat Question

Looking super good!!!
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Why did you reverse the linkage, pointing down rather than up? Was it to avoid conflict with the micros?

Did you also reverse the linkage at the handle?
Never mind. I saw on mine that lengthening the FNR linkage IS necessary to avoid conflict with the micros. Your photo shows that you did reverse the handle linkage. You also raised the FNR, which I discovered was necessary. You also reversed your rod linkage, which I'll do, since reversing the handle linkage causes the rod linkage to rub the batteries.

Though I bought a rivet set from you for removing the body, I chose to do this the hard way, and left the body in place.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #23
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I jumped up and down on my cart, and decided I don't have enough clearance between my motor and controller (unlifted cart), so I raised the the controller heat-sink over 1" above my support brackets.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Go Man Go!
This custom cart building is not for the weak of heart. I can't remember all I did to squeeze the F&R in there, I know there wasn't an extra 1/2 inch in any direction and I do know I lengthened the rod, swapped ends, and cut some of the seat vertical out of the way.... and about another days work to get it done but it really does work smooth and has never even hick-uped. Once I got it adjusted. It was a one point locking out in reverse... But honestly I don't see how you are doing this with the body on...... I had mine on & off several times in the process just to be sure..... you know before the rivets went back in.... Good luck & keep us posted.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #25
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Go Man Go!
This custom cart building is not for the weak of heart.
I second that!!!
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I did this thing Yurtle is conquering now.... because I couldn't believe Western couldn't find a simple way to do this.....You see they buried their F&R to the point you had to pull batteries to see it.
That had always been a beef of mine since they also refused to upgrade all the cables or the F&R when they built their 42 and 48v carts .....
Well I could have made mine more accessible if I had raised the platform of the Passenger side battery and shifted it an inch to the rear of the cart...maybe into the wheel well a little bit? But one of the things stopping me from doing that was the near 1 inch of extra height in the T145 batteries I choose to work with but hey ~ She's a beast with 8 of those puppies under the seat....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #27
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I ended up with an idea that kept me from having to cut my FNR pivot bolt, yet allowing me to move the FNR forward enough to accommodate a battery.

I used my old FNR stop, heated and flattened out. I took my FNR linkage, and cut the end open like a wrench, which allowed my to find out how much I needed to stretch the linkage.

Here it is. And there's a problem on the last photo. Let's see who can find it first.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2020.jpg (204.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2021.jpg (221.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2022.jpg (226.8 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2027.jpg (169.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2028.jpg (173.2 KB, 37 views)
Old 12-04-2011, 01:25 PM   #28
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I ended up with an idea that kept me from having to cut my FNR pivot bolt, yet allowing me to move the FNR forward enough to accommodate a battery.

I used my old FNR stop, heated and flattened out. I took my FNR linkage, and cut the end open like a wrench, which allowed my to find out how much I needed to stretch the linkage.

Here it is. And there's a problem on the last photo. Let's see who can find it first.
Here's a hint: The "problem" is not a problem with my mod.

On an other note, Once I confirm that my mod works as well as the prototype, I'll replace the jam-nut with a piece if the linkage I cut out, to keep the two small bolts in compression; as opposed to shear.

I still need to cut out around the linkage for the copper studs.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:27 AM   #29
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Been a while since I posted my updates, so here's where I am. I've shortened my FNR and moved it forward, thanks to ScottyB's photo where he did the same. Since I have a welder, but can't weld worth a flip, and I have a new HD FNR cam from ScottyB, I chose to cannibalize my old FNR cam and lengthen the linkage, and like ScottyB, had to install my linkage "upside down", in order to prevent conflict with the micros. All this work just to move the FNR forward to make room for the eighth battery. I also made up about half of my 2 AWG cables - soldered and shrink-wrapped. I mounted my new AXE4855 on a piece of aluminum I got from a neighbor's hoard, and mounted the solenoid on a piece of aluminum I had in my hoard. I had to bolt a piece of angle to the back, to make a place to install them. Both are mounted above the motor. I raised them up about an inch, to avoid them from hitting the motor, since my buggie's not lifted - yet. I hooked up the old cables to charge the batteries and hooked up some temporary control wires, just to see the wheels spin on jack stands. I mounted my Ex-Ray on my overhead stereo console, and have fished the three sets of wires up the front roof struts, which were already full of wires. I'm also adding what looks like a luggage rack on top of the roof, to correct a bad sag, due to the weight of the console, and to correct a nuisance squeak from the rear struts, also due to the console.

Now for some pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1941.jpg (155.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1952.jpg (172.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1962.jpg (176.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1976.jpg (187.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1977.jpg (137.5 KB, 12 views)
Old 01-07-2012, 05:31 AM   #30
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

More.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1995.jpg (156.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1999.jpg (150.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2001.jpg (190.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2004.jpg (154.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2017.jpg (147.9 KB, 17 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO