lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2008, 11:44 AM   #11
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Help

It's under the air filter box. You need pair of plyers and 10mm wrench to tighten it.

Check to see if the small c-clip on the inside of the drive shaft secondary clutch (rear)(near the rearend/trans side) is still there. You may also have a tip end broke off your spring on the secondary clutch system causing it to spin. I bet its the c-clip.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #12
williefred1000
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I took the air filter carriage off and the tensioner is gone and the bolt holding I guess the motor is loose. Should I get a tensioner or can I tighten the bolt and see if that helps? Also, will I have to take the whole rear spline off to get to the c clip and check spring or can I do a visual without removing or taking it a part.
williefred1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:14 PM   #13
CalicoJack
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by williefred1000 View Post
I took the air filter carriage off and the tensioner is gone and the bolt holding I guess the motor is loose. Should I get a tensioner or can I tighten the bolt and see if that helps? Also, will I have to take the whole rear spline off to get to the c clip and check spring or can I do a visual without removing or taking it a part.

In my opinion you need that tensioner. Without it the engine with move aft as the drive belt gets tighter not allowing it to get to proper tension thus losing torque. An absent tensioner would also lead to premature motor mount failure. My guess is that your motor mounts are shot too.

Put the cart in neutral or lift the rear end (properly blocked of course) and rev up the engine with the seat lifted so you can see the engine. You should see the engine moving backward as you give it gas. This is not a good condition.
CalicoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:17 PM   #14
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

You should be able to see if the c-clip is gone on the shaft. Just look behind the smaller piece that has the ramp shoes (closest to the trans). You should have about an inch gap if it is there. But it sounds like you've found your problem. You do need the tentioner. Motor mount bolts should be tight. You can make a tentioner if needed: Get a bolt that will fit through the hole on the piece that is sticking up for the tentioner (coming off the mount furthest from the engine), now get two locking c type clips (the ones the screw together/medium size about as round in diameter as a pencil), put one c type clip through the hole on the piece closest to the engine (its kind of tricky) and screw it together so it is locked in place, then link it with the other one, and run the bolt through the open end, the hole, and tighten. I hope this is understandable. I think I confused myself. You may also have to have some type of pry bar to move the engine forward a little when doing the last part. Just be very careful not to pry on anything near the carb. or anything breakable.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:25 PM   #15
williefred1000
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I tightned t motor mount bolt and I lost torque so I will buy a tensioner or make one. I think we found the problem. If not for you and others I would be out some cash thanks so much and even if I dont have any more problems I will try to keep in touch so thanks again and good day.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:27 PM   #16
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Your welcome and be sure to stop in anytime.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:40 PM   #17
CalicoJack
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by williefred1000 View Post
I tightned t motor mount bolt and I lost torque so I will buy a tensioner or make one. I think we found the problem. If not for you and others I would be out some cash thanks so much and even if I dont have any more problems I will try to keep in touch so thanks again and good day.
Remember I have all four motor mounts and tensioner laying out in my garage if your interested. $50+shipping from 33426.
CalicoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:14 PM   #18
williefred1000
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

If anyone can help I need it again. I am getting frustrated!! I put a makeshift tensioner on and then I noticed the rear spline the v-shaped teeth are not closing very much and seem to only be catching very little. Could this be my problem and how do I fix it? It does not look like it is an inch between the trans case and dog or v-shape pull mech. I noticed when I tried to spin the rear the spring is loose also. Thanks for any pointers. William
Old 06-17-2008, 06:28 PM   #19
williefred1000
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I also looked at a diagram and it does not show a c -clip? How closed does the v-shape teeth on the rear shaft close?
Old 06-17-2008, 06:46 PM   #20
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

The spring in the rear clutch should not be loose. With the engine off, the drive belt should be at the top of the rear clutch and at the bottom of the front clutch. As you increase the rpm of the engine, the front clutch should close up and move the belt to the top this will force the rear clutch to open and let the belt move to the bottom of the rear clutch. Don't get frustrated, the only way to figure it out is one step at a time.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha