lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2011, 01:14 AM   #1
EZGO671
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy 2000 EZGO gas won't move

Need help here cart guys!!
I have a 2000 EZGO txt that will start but tires aren't spinning. Would anyone help me out here! Help is much needed. Thank you!
EZGO671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2011, 01:23 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: 2000 EZGO gas won't move

Welcome to BGW

so you say the engine is running?? the clutch on the motor, the clutch on the rear end, and the belt are all spinning right?? but the wheels will not turn?? sounds like a striped brake hub. try the driver side first, see if the castle nut in the middle of the rim that holds the brake drum/hub to the axle, see if it is spinning and the wheels are not turning
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:46 AM   #3
EZGO671
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Welcome to BGW

so you say the engine is running?? the clutch on the motor, the clutch on the rear end, and the belt are all spinning right?? but the wheels will not turn?? sounds like a striped brake hub. try the driver side first, see if the castle nut in the middle of the rim that holds the brake drum/hub to the axle, see if it is spinning and the wheels are not turning
Thanks man! Gonna check on it now
Old 11-19-2011, 10:15 AM   #4
EZGO671
Not Yet Wild

Any advice on what kind of brake hub to get for my cart? It's a 2000 EZGO gas
Old 11-19-2011, 10:19 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Genuine Ezgo part OEM#19186-G1 Not aftermarket!
Make darn sure to torque the castle nut over 100 FT pounds to reach the cotter pin hole... never back the nut off to reach the cotter pin hole.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:58 PM   #6
EZGO671
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Genuine Ezgo part OEM#19186-G1 Not aftermarket!
Make darn sure to torque the castle nut over 100 FT pounds to reach the cotter pin hole... never back the nut off to reach the cotter pin hole.
Thanks man for the reply! The part number you gave me was for a electric..
Old 11-20-2011, 03:25 AM   #7
EZGO671
Not Yet Wild

Sorry guys for all the questions and thank you for all the answers! I'm from Guam and not that much people know much about carts and not alot to work with here.. When I buy hubs do I get 1 or 2?
Old 11-20-2011, 08:04 AM   #8
jerkputter

I have done this>
Remove the hub and drill 5/16 hole in an area where the axle splines are. Tap it to 3/8 uss thread. Put a 3/8 bolt in it and tighten it. I then saw the head of the bolt off but leave a small part where you can remove it. I run one like that for years but never loaded it with anything heavy. I do not recommend this for a permanent fix but it would make it where you could use it until you find a hub. These hubs are made to strip and not hurt the axle is the reason they make them like this. If you were using this cart for light transportation then it will run a long time with the fix I posted. I am sure some on this board will jump all over me for posting this but it worked for me for years. jp
Old 11-20-2011, 12:46 PM   #9
EZGO671
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkputter View Post
I have done this>
Remove the hub and drill 5/16 hole in an area where the axle splines are. Tap it to 3/8 uss thread. Put a 3/8 bolt in it and tighten it. I then saw the head of the bolt off but leave a small part where you can remove it. I run one like that for years but never loaded it with anything heavy. I do not recommend this for a permanent fix but it would make it where you could use it until you find a hub. These hubs are made to strip and not hurt the axle is the reason they make them like this. If you were using this cart for light transportation then it will run a long time with the fix I posted. I am sure some on this board will jump all over me for posting this but it worked for me for years. jp
Thanks man! BGW is such a big help!...
Old 11-21-2011, 11:57 PM   #10
EZGO671
Not Yet Wild

K guys this is what it is.. I took out the hub and the thing in the center is spinning,the one with the teeth. Then when I put the hub back on and turn it on the hub spins but when I have someone hold the hub. Nothing spins! Could you let me know if it's just the hub or something else? Thank you!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO