lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
d10shun
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Valve Key/Collet Replacement

I was trying to adjust my valves due to a dive in power when accelerating and noticed one intake valve would NOT gap open. After turning the set screw all the way in and out we realized the valve spring keeper would move around when depressed with my finger. I also noticed when the engine is running, that a mist of gas is sprayed out of the carburetor.

I am thinking I need a new valve key/collet to be installed. Is it as easy as buying a new valve key/collet and installing it? Is there a larger problem that I am not seeing? I really do not want to replace the entire valve and have to remove the head.

Part 8 in the diagram. EZGO Part number 72510G01
Attached Images
File Type: jpg valve.jpg (44.8 KB, 16 views)
d10shun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Valve Key/Collet Replacement

If you have a compression gauge with multiple parts to it you can use one of the adaptors with an air line attatched to it screwed into the plug hole to keep the valve up in the guide and replace the keepers.

Also, in a pinch, you could run about 2 or 3 feet of 1/4" soft rope in the plug hole (leave some hanging out) and run the piston up tight to hold it in place to repair it.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:40 PM   #3
d10shun
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Valve Key/Collet Replacement

Ok, Im not sure where the plug hole you are talking about is located. Spark plug hole? I do not have a compression kit but have rope. Can I just remove the valve spring retainer bolt and get access to the valve key? Or do I need to remove camshaft?
d10shun is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO