lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #11
notagolfer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez-go-n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junk Rider View Post
Lol ya. Here check this website out it should help.

http://www.shopezgo.com:80/customer-...ialNumber.htmlelp.
Junk Rider, I ran the number and it comes out as a '98 Gas TXT Golf Car.

I guess that covers the body and maybe some of the other stuff. I was told that the custom conversion was dont in 2003.
notagolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #12
notagolfer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junk Rider View Post
That is a sweet ride...how fast does it go?
I hit a top speed of 40mph (GPS) on a long stretch. Getting up to the 30-35mph range is quite easy. Stopping can be an issue if not planned ahead as it only has the stock rear drum brakes (cable actuated).

By the way this is my first golf cart so I wasn't much impressed by the speed (at first). Not that I wanted it to go faster, just that it was very slow compared to riding ATV's and dirtbikes. But after reading up on golf carts in general and many posts here in this forum I have a newfound respect for carts.

I recently took it out and climbed a few hills. This thing has really good low end torque. As long as traction could be maintained climbing was a breeze. One drawback with this cart is the ride. It's very stiff and rough over rocky/bumpy terrain, washboards in particuler. I quickly learned that slow and easy is the way to go.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #13
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Very cool. The header & muffler are almost identical to my own. I wrapped the header & got it to cool down quite a bit under the seat...... of course I'm sitting on top of my own & yours is behind you so that may or may not be a concern to you.

I'm only getting up to about 35 mph myself. I assume yours is geared & mine isn't? One of these days I'll have to figure out what gears are in there.

Softening up the suspension a bit should be pretty easy. Let out a little air in the rear air shocks & tires. You should be able to go down to 5 or 6 psi with the tires pretty easily.... although that low might have some cornering issues at 40 mph too. A little experimenting with tire pressure should come up with a happy medium. Looks like there is an adjustment knob at the top of the front shocks too.

As for brakes, I had the same issue & mine is quite a bit lighter than yours so I can only imagine. The first project I did was put some Ausco disk brakes on the rear, made a pretty big improvement for under $300, and a pretty easy install. You can also find 4 wheel hydraulic brakes for a HUGE improvement, but a bit more money & difficult install. Both are available thru the site sponsors listed in the link at the top of the page.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:50 AM   #14
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Kinda like "How's it go n"
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:29 AM   #15
brooklyn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

a very nice cart great job !!! Notagolfer where did ya get the exhaust at ?
did you build it youself ?
brooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:50 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn View Post
In the 1st post he states that he bought the cart as it stands. Previous owner did not know who built the cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:15 AM   #17
notagolfer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn View Post
As Scottyb pointe out I did not build it. That's the reason for my post, hoping someone would know who may have built it.

After spending some time here on the forum and reading up on all the great build projects I have an interest to build my own. Just need to figure out how much this is going to cost before jumping in. Not just the cart, parts, painting, etc. but tools as well. I don't have many tools so there will be some additional cost's for me in that respect.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:02 PM   #18
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

great idea on the build. and a super excuse to buy more tools. can't be w/out a ton of tools!
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:53 PM   #19
villajoe
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

sweet cart!! first thing i'd do it add hydraulic disc brakes!
villajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:10 PM   #20
notagolfer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by villajoe View Post
sweet cart!! first thing i'd do it add hydraulic disc brakes!
Thanks for the comment.

I was considering upgrading the brakes but $800 is quite expensive. There really isn't a whole lot left to be done to this cart other than the brakes. I'm thinking about selling and using that money to build my own.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO