lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2012, 06:44 AM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bonehead move of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8cer Ex View Post
I feel like an idiot first of all and second as a result of my idiocracy my 97 EZ-GO series cart won't GO-EZ.
An all time classic movie. Ruined by the attempt to make it "family friendly" for prime time TV.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #12
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
An all time classic movie. Ruined by the attempt to make it "family friendly" for prime time TV.
I didn't know it was remade. The original didn't need remaking!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
I didn't know it was remade. The original didn't need remaking!
Not remade, just censored. It kinda loses it punch. I did see a scene that is after the credits that I never saw on DVD, where Upgrayedd goes to the future.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #14
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8cer Ex View Post
I feel like an idiot first of all and second as a result of my idiocracy my 97 EZ-GO series cart won't GO-EZ.

Here are the particulars.

97 txt series cart
stock electronics
6 month old trojan T-105's
new 1ga (battery pack) and 4ga cables (controller/F&R to motor)
lift kit with 22's
snowplow

Tonight I was plowing snow with it and was setting against a large pile I had just pushed. Just then I received a text message. In my excitement for receiving said text I didn't realize I was setting against the pile with the accelerator pushed halfway down. I only found this out when I smelled something burning and then the cart jerked a few times and lost all power.

I pushed it back to the garage to diagnose. Here is what I found in a brief diagnosis.

When I depress the foot feed I get a click at the solenoid with both large lugs powered up. I get power from the controller to the motor but of course no movement. This is where I stopped. I will look at it again tomorrow but was just wondering if anybody had any ideas before I did.

Looking forward to your suggestions.
You know, after looking back on everyone's posts, I would check and see if you didn't fry off a cable end! Check motor and F-R switch too. You may have lucked out! I burned a connector off of my F-R switch once by using the throttle to hold me on a hill! Then I read about never stalling the motor!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #15
R8cer Ex
Yes dear

E-Z-GO

Talked to Rick at Plum Quick and he said my motor was toast and couldn't be salvaged. So I bought a working used one on eBay for $65.00 and is on it's way to PQ right now for the "bandit" upgrade.

Expensive lesson to learn but I needed an upgrade anyway so it worked out.

Back on the road soon!
R8cer Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO