lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 11:53 PM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ScottyB's rear Disc brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davemuzz View Post
Scotty,

I'm not attempting to downplay your brakes. In fact....I probably would have gone with your brakes had I known about 'em 4 years ago when I installed my Jake's. But.....you know how that goes.

It's good to know that your dual system has a dual chamber master cyl. Honestly, the terrain that I travel....it's a real possibility to lose a brake line via a log or rock.

Now....I really like the simplicity of your rear bolt on disc brakes. But, I just don't like the fact that the caliper is hanging on the bottom. For where I travel, it's an accident waiting to happen.

Can I move that caliper to the top or the rear??

Dave
I don't understand the draw to the inferior cable system but yes, I have seen a couple of members flip the big cable operated caliper to the top side of the axle.
And I'm not trying to sell anything Dave, personally I would not go with cable brakes if my life depended upon them
My big gasser has 4 wheel disc brakes because that is the best brake system available for extreme off road, IMHO.
The disc brakes are 150% stronger than stock and the cable brakes are 20% stronger than stock according to the manufactures information.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2012, 04:31 AM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by notagolfer View Post
Now if I could just remember where I saw them. I have been censored...
Censored or censured?
Old 01-24-2012, 04:35 AM   #23
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I don't understand the draw to the inferior cable system but yes, I have seen a couple of members flip the big cable operated caliper to the top side of the axle.
And I'm not trying to sell anything Dave, personally I would not go with cable brakes if my life depended upon them
My big gasser has 4 wheel disc brakes because that is the best brake system available for extreme off road, IMHO.
The disc brakes are 150% stronger than stock and the cable brakes are 20% stronger than stock according to the manufactures information.
I'm really not tryin' to pick a fight, but I've driven motorcycles where cable brakes were the only thing between me and death.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:07 AM   #24
Davemuzz
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I'm really not tryin' to pick a fight, but I've driven motorcycles where cable brakes were the only thing between me and death.

Yeah....I'm gonna agree with Yurle on this one. Especially with my big fat leg pushing down on the brake peddle. I don't see where a hydraulic line would stop the rear wheel better than a cable.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:22 AM   #25
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Yeah....I'm gonna agree with Yurle on this one. Especially with my big fat leg pushing down on the brake peddle. I don't see where a hydraulic line would stop the rear wheel better than a cable.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Quote:
I just told you why ... because the pressures are 150% more than stock with 2 wheel hydraulic brakes & 300% more than stock braking pressure with a 4 wheel system as opposed to cable brakes which boast a 20% improvement over stock brakes.
That's it. You said, Dave, that stick grabbed your cable brakes and caused a problem. That's because unless you put the cables in HD tube, they have to pull in a straight line and are exposed to sticks and rocks unlike hydraulic lines which can be routed along the top of frame members as they are in cars trucks and tractors.

And Yurtle sure you don't want to pick a fight.. just saw me post and thought you'd add about your cable operated motorcycle? Why is it you can't find them built like that any more? Are you seriuos? Go to wall mart and look under all the cars and trucks then come back and tell me how many have cable brakes......
Okay that was silly go to the starting line of the Baja 1000 race and tell me how many 4 wheel entries have cable brakes.

Run what you like but you won't convince me that the hydraulic brake system is not way better than cable operated systems.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #27
notagolfer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:

Originally Posted by notagolfer
Now if I could just remember where I saw them. I have been censored...

Censored or censured?
I'm not sure where you are going with this. But I'll play along.

Censored would be the correct term since the content of my post was deleted. Had I been censured there would have been some form of criticism in response to my post.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #28
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
And Yurtle sure you don't want to pick a fight.. just saw me post and thought you'd add about your cable operated motorcycle? Why is it you can't find them built like that any more? Are you seriuos? Go to wall mart and look under all the cars and trucks then come back and tell me how many have cable brakes......
Okay that was silly go to the starting line of the Baja 1000 race and tell me how many 4 wheel entries have cable brakes.

Run what you like but you won't convince me that the hydraulic brake system is not way better than cable operated systems.
I agree hydraulic is superior to cable. I also agree that disks are superior to drums. I probably need to quit posting at 4:35 AM before the coffee kicks in.

I'll go back to my corner and put on my dunce hat.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #29
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by notagolfer View Post
I'm not sure where you are going with this. But I'll play along.

Censored would be the correct term since the content of my post was deleted. Had I been censured there would have been some form of criticism in response to my post.
Not goin' anywhere, just aimless posting before coffee kicked in.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Not goin' anywhere, just aimless posting before coffee kicked in.
That explains everything

And I'm not saying Dave needs hydraulic brakes... but I'm not riding with him either.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO