lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #11
jlw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 87 ez go flooding

Went thru the carb and started with not much problems---my problem and question is that since i don't have a neutral position for starting my cart i have to always play with the choke to get it running until it warms up and get moving good any suggestions ?? Thanks
jlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2012, 12:16 AM   #12
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlw View Post
Went thru the carb and started with not much problems---my problem and question is that since i don't have a neutral position for starting my cart i have to always play with the choke to get it running until it warms up and get moving good any suggestions ?? Thanks
Not sure about this year! I take it that it on has forward and reverse? Is there a maint. switch in the engine compartment? I know on club cars they have a cam on the back side of the shifter switch that you can turn to let warm up.

I might need to through this out to Dave Box or Racin161
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:44 AM   #13
jlw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

it is a 1987 ez go and as far as i know there is no maint. switch if there is i don't know where it is but it sure would be nice if it had one
Old 02-21-2012, 06:36 AM   #14
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi JLW click on Dave Box's name in the earlier post or even racin and send them a Private email. they might have an answer for you if they can't help check with Scootyb all of them have knowledge on the older carts where I am very limited in the field.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:08 AM   #15
racin161
Gone Wild

JLW I also have an 87 and no there is not a way to warm it up. Ket on F/R and go. Don't know where your at but here in Il. this time of year I also have to use the choke an as you say play with it for a bit I just think it's the nature of the beast. Think about it these are 25-30 years old no electric choke no computer to control the fuel management it's let up to the operator. It will get better when its 70 out side WHOOOOOOO. hope this helps

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:34 AM   #16
jlw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys---guess it is just something i will have to deal with until i upgrade--Lou i'm in texas
Old 02-22-2012, 05:55 AM   #17
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hell Racin, Lets head to Texas I hear it's warm there. Then again It's Going to be 70 In KC today.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:37 AM   #18
jlw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Your right today will be mid 70s and tomorrow 79 strange weather---question---is there anyway to put a little tension on the choke cable to where it will stay out alittle til the cart warms up ?? i have it working so smooth it won't stay out unless you hold it
Old 02-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #19
reinman88
Gone Wild

I had a flooding problem with my 99 workhorse when it was real cold. It would start fine if the overnight temps were in the upper 20s or 30s. But once it got to the teens overnight, the next day when it was 30 or so, I'd flood it every time. I could dry off the plugs and it would start and be fine the rest of the day. Next day if it got down to the teens overnight, and I'd have the same problem when trying to start later in the afternoon.

I didn't like the idea of taking apart the carb since everything was fine except those cold mornings. I guess I hate messing with something if I don't have to, and I'm not much of a mechanic.

I added some Sea Foam to the gas, and filled the tank with more gas with Sea Foam added. I use the cart almost daily so it didn't take long to go through half of the tank. A week or so ago it got down to 0 two nights in the row. The day after that when it was in the 30s I went out to start the cart, and it started right up after choking it just a bit. Since then I haven't flooded it again. Not sure if the Sea Foam broke something loose so it starts better now, or if that had nothing to do with it.

Either way my problem is solved and I didn't have to take anything apart.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #20
jlw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

i will have to try some of that Sea Foam--- can i get it at an auto parts store ??? is it a gas additive ??
thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO