lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #21
reinman88
Gone Wild

Default Re: 87 ez go flooding

I bought mine at a farm store, but an auto parts store would have it too.

Basically it's a fuel stabilizer but it helps clean too. I put it in all my stuff, especially where gas sits in it a while and may get old. It works with gas or diesel, 2 cycle or 4. You can also use it in place of Heet, where you might have water in your gas.

Like I said, I'm not sure if it cleaned up anything in the carb where it wouldn't flood, but it can't hurt. And in my opinion it's better then using Heet to take care of moisture in the gas.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #22
jlw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

many thanks---going to tractor supply and they might carry it---cause its sure a pain when it floods out
jlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #23
reinman88
Gone Wild

Tractor supply will have it. Hope it helps. Might take a tank of gas or so to see if it will make a difference. Then again it might knock loose a bunch of carbon and plug everything up.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #24
jlw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I hear different things---what is the proper oil to gas mixture for the 2 stroke
Old 02-25-2012, 03:10 AM   #25
racin161
Gone Wild

128:1 or 1oz per gallon
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #26
jlw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

is one oil better then another for the fuel mixture ??
Old 02-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #27
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

JLW you have asked three questions in this thread.

1. The carburetor is leaking fuel from the air breather. You got the answer and you later said that it was starting better. Have you cured this problem by checking / adjusting the float?

2. You asked about the choke action. Normally if it is cold you should pull and hold the choke, as the engine fires and you drive off you can release the choke and although the engine might run a little erratically for a few yards it should quickly pick up and run.

3. Is one oil better than another? Not really it is after all just a humble 9hp 2 cycle. If you wanted to be a pedant then perhaps you should choose a JASO oil (Japanese Auto Standard Oil) but honestly, Walmart is probably your destination.

Don't raise your hopes that Seafoam is going to be your universal panacea because it really isn't. It does have its uses for example it is hydroscopic so it is good to put some in your tank if you are going to leave fuel in the cart all winter. If you do so don't forget to run the engine so the Seafoam gets into the lines and the carburetor bowl. As for those videos that you will see on youtube that proudly proclaim that it will de-carbon your engine, well if you believe that then I have a bridge to sell you.
If you have issues caused by dirt fuel lines, replace them it will cost a few dollars. The same goes for the fuel filter. If your issues are caused by a gummed up carburetor then there is no substitute for a complete rebuild using liberal quantities of carb cleaner and a toothbrush.

Let us know how it works out

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #28
jlw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes all 3 questions have been answered thank you---carb has not flooded since i had taken it apart and cleaned and adjusted the float but i still am going to give that time before i feel that problem is fixed since it only flooded from time to time but keeping my fingers crossed, Choke i now know what has to be done thanks to you guys and oil mixture i have been told from a 50 to 50 mixture to the 128 to 1 but thats the way I'm going to go is the 128 to 1 at this point in time you guys have been a great support for someone like myself that knows nothing about these carts.
Many Thanks
Jeff
Old 02-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #29
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

That's great news Jeff, I hope you get many hours of pleasure from your cart.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #30
jlw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Dave hate to say this but today it flooded out on me again when i was tring to start it going to pull the carb one more time and see if maybe something got sucked up in it---i just can't seem to figure out why---making me crazy
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO