lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
bigboysc
Not Yet Wild

Default Short life on charge

my cart is a 2003 PDS with Flight systems 500 amp controller, purple plum quick motor, HD solenoid, lift kit, 23 tires. For about the last year we can't hardly get 5 or 6 miles of riding before it lets us down. Batteries have been checked with a system that pulls on them individually. At this point, I'm thinking that the motor needs to gone through and I need to upgrade to large cables. Any help would be appreciated
bigboysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Short life on charge

You may have already done this, but tire pressure will put drag on the cart if it is too low. Also make sure your brakes don't drag and the front wheel bearings are serviced as well as the fluid in the rear axle. I hope it's this simple!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
bigboysc
Not Yet Wild

I read about the PDS motors getting messed up and needing to be reworked. I can charge the batteries and if I floor the cart it will suck the volt meter way down. It doesn't have the get up and go that it did when I had the motor done a few years ago.
bigboysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

I know you said the batteries have been tested, but now as I read your posts it appears these batteries are a "few" years old???

You're pulling a lot more out of the pack now than a stock PDS. You also state PQ has already done the motor. Also, you state upon initial acceleration the cart "sucks the volt meter way down"..........so it sounds to me like a battery issue but, admittedly, it's a guess.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO