lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1994 ezgo that just stops running

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh mehaffey View Post
Thanks. I have gone through and checked voltages once but will look again
Intermittent failures are difficult to troubleshoot, but here is a generic drawing of the high current circuit in a series cart.
Basically it is a few pieces of heavy wire tied end to end in a single straight line with some lumps in it.

The controller may be a different model than what you have and the order in which the various components are wired together may be different, but total current flows through every cable shown as a heavy continuous line and the components they connect together, just like it does in your cart.

If the battery pack is good and is charged; And the solenoid is activating; And the motor doesn't run or make noises like it is turning, there is an open in the high current circuit somewhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hi Current Circuit - Series Motor - EDITED.JPG (63.6 KB, 4 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #12
94medalist
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1994 ezgo that just stops running

Good call on the fwd rev switch, i accidently pushed mine past fwd and when i forced it back everthing was fixed! Me and the boy cruised the nighborhood all weekend with no problems. But i went ahead and ordered a heavy duty switch anyway, thanks again
94medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO