lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
Spots and Dots
Not Yet Wild

Default Considering my first cart

I'm considering buying my first cart to use around the weekend house and found one with all this "stuff". I have no idea if it's good, bad, or how well it works and thought I'd see what the cart pros said.

Here's the ad:
I'm selling my custom ez go hunting buggy its got all the bells and whistles everything is new or just a few months old...
Here's a list of things done in past 6 months
New interstate workhorse battery's
Upgraded to 48 volt system
Upgraded custom axe high amp controller that can be plugged into a laptop to tweak the speed and torque of the cart
- hd forward and reverse switch
- new micro switches
- new hd high amp solenoid and resistors
- all new 2 g hd cables everywhere
- new bad boy buggy hd motor two speed Emp
- high and low speed on the fly switch with torque and speed mode
New four wheeler tires 25 in mudders all the way around
- new custom alloy wheels too
- Jakes 6 inch spindle lift kit
- custom dodge color epoxy professional paint job
- new seats with flip flop seat
12 volt agm sealed battery
- not pictured custom built front rack with four off road lights
- not pictured two mini Pyle driver speakers with custom marine amp and mp3/ iPod hookup to jam your tunes(stereo sounds awesome)
- new 100$ key switch with volt meter on polished bezel
- new 48 bolt charger
-5x8 trailer with fold down ramp to haul it around to the deer lease
-
Atv golf cart Ezgo ez go buggy hunting beach
--------
I've built this cart as it was my own to keep but I could use the money to fund another project . I used this out at my deer lease and would get around on the 4000 acres no problem with around 15-20 miles per charge( maybe more I never ran it outta juice). It would get to like 23mph on my gps which is way too fast as it gets squirrelly at that speed .. So it's not even adjusted to max speed on the laptop yet.
I spared no expense and I have over 5 grand in parts alone not to mention the countless hours putting it together!
Theres prolly more I'm forgetting but come check it u won't b disappointed .. The torque is unreal.... I can pop real wheelies on this sucker!

Is this a bunch of stuff that's gonna cause probelms for me or is it reliable add ons?

Thanks for the input.
Spots and Dots is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2012, 05:36 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Considering my first cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spots and Dots View Post
I'm considering buying my first cart to use around the weekend house and found one with all this "stuff". I have no idea if it's good, bad, or how well it works and thought I'd see what the cart pros said.

Here's the ad:
I'm selling my custom ez go hunting buggy its got all the bells and whistles everything is new or just a few months old...
Upgraded custom axe high amp controller that can be plugged into a laptop to tweak the speed and torque of the cart
- new micro switches
- not pictured two mini Pyle driver speakers with custom marine amp and mp3/ iPod hookup to jam your tunes(stereo sounds awesome)
- new 48 bolt charger
-
--------
I've built this cart as it was my own to keep but I could use the money to fund another project . I used this out at my deer lease and would get around on the 4000 acres no problem with around 15-20 miles per charge( maybe more I never ran it outta juice). It would get to like 23mph on my gps which is way too fast as it gets squirrelly at that speed .. So it's not even adjusted to max speed on the laptop yet.
I spared no expense and I have over 5 grand in parts alone not to mention the countless hours putting it together!
Theres prolly more I'm forgetting but come check it u won't b disappointed .. The torque is unreal.... I can pop real wheelies on this sucker!

Is this a bunch of stuff that's gonna cause probelms for me or is it reliable add ons?

Thanks for the input.
I'd almost put money on him at least being a lurker here, if not someone we would recognize. It sounds like "one of our sponsors" may have sold him more than one of the above mentioned, and if he followed his advise, you probably have all the parts and pieces for a great machine.

I can't speak for the above items specifically, but it looks like a buncha thought and advise went into their selection. I also can't speak for the seller's construction techniques, but generally, that can be determined by a quick look "under the hood". See if it appears the builder took his time and has all of his wires neatly routed and bundled, using wire loom anywhere they run under the cart, whether he used nylocks instead of nuts, which can vibrate loose, etc. It's the little stuff that can tell you whether he paid adequate attention to detail.

I'm assuming he's on this forum, so I don't want to get in the middle of something, but the question I always ask is, why are you selling this? In this case, it sounds like months of blood sweat and dollars went into the build. If the answer sounds legit, such as unexpected expenses, I need more speed, etc. then take it for a test drive.

Good luck.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #3
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

"It would get to like 23mph on my gps which is way too fast as it gets squirrelly at that speed .."

Is this what your looking for, off road cart to use around the weekend house. Or maybe keep looking for something with a better ride.
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
mtaswt
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spots and Dots View Post

Here's the ad:
- new micro switches
- new 48 bolt charger
-
--------

Thanks for the input.
Found that one in Houston did you........:) I was looking and saw the same one! It looks to be legit
mtaswt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO