lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2012, 10:58 PM   #11
Cbass
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Resistor Conversion to Solid State Controller

I love this site. I have a nice classic sky blue (with oxidized paint) 1987 Exgo txt. Fact is, its not a stunnig cart, but the family loves it. But... I have had this cart for about 6 years and im sick of replacing the contacts, resistors, burnt wires, melted nuts and bolts, and even caught fire to grass from blue sparks from the underside of cart... nice huh.

so, Im considering going for the conversion..
I have the know-how to get it done, im just worried about the total cost.. sounds pretty steep with the controller..
All in, what is the usual cost for a conversion?

Thanks all!!
Cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The mechanical throttle conversion and component mounting system cost $199 for ezgo and $169 for Club Car. The electronic (solid state) components cost $550 - $700 depending upon which amperage level you choose. Guys who make their own cables have done the conversion for as little as $750- 800.00.
Hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:21 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The mechanical throttle conversion and component mounting system cost $199 for ezgo and $169 for Club Car. The electronic (solid state) components cost $550 - $700 depending upon which amperage level you choose. Guys who make their own cables have done the conversion for as little as $750- 800.00.

Read more & check out pricing here> http://cartsunlimited.net/Scottyb_s_Conversion_Kit.html
Hope this helps
Old 09-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #14
Cbass
Not Yet Wild

thank you for the INFO..
Cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #15
daveshoot
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have been following with interest.

That's more than I want to throw into my ol' 85 Marathon right now, but it's all part of my higher education... as soon as this new-to-me dino gives me any grief, I will be shopping.

The performance upgrade report sounds encouraging, thanks for posting your story!
daveshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #16
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

One thing I have noticed with conversions is that they are a worthwhile investment! Carts seem to hold their value and upgrade items add to that value. It's not like building a race car, that you can never recoup your money back out of!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

And you may be able to sell the old parts.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #18
barcloverranch
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Just a little update:

Finally got a chance to take the buggy out to the golf course and play a round, it is amazing how after an entire round of golf (zig zagging across the fairways chasing my ball) this thing still had the same power when I got done as it did when I unloaded it. I could feel no loss in power whatsoever. The meter read an entire 0.3 volts less than it did when I started.

Definitely worth the investment for the peace of mind knowing it will perform for long distances like that.
barcloverranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcloverranch View Post
Just a little update:

Finally got a chance to take the buggy out to the golf course and play a round, it is amazing how after an entire round of golf (zig zagging across the fairways chasing my ball) this thing still had the same power when I got done as it did when I unloaded it. I could feel no loss in power whatsoever. The meter read an entire 0.3 volts less than it did when I started.

Definitely worth the investment for the peace of mind knowing it will perform for long distances like that.
Hey barclover, Thanks for the update. That's great to hear. Yes, the old resistor coil system wastes more power than it uses at most speeds.... Glad to hear you are zipping around and saving fuel... just one question, if you would. What's golf?
Old 10-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #20
barcloverranch
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Haha I believe I heard it once described as "a nice walk in the park ruined by a little white ball"
barcloverranch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carts unlimited, conversion, scottyb, solid state controller
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO