lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2012, 05:45 AM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36 volt battery meter/ bad charger?

IF it has an equalization mode, it will has a button or switch marked "Equalization", or something to that effect.
The button or switch will most likely has some for of protection to prevent it from accidentally being placed in the equalization mode.
If you know the Make/Model of the charger, you can probably find enough information about it online to determine if it has an equalization mode or not.
However, none of the myriad of chargers marketed as Golf Cart battery chargers, that I am aware of, has an equalization mode.

----------------------

The liquid you see inside the batteries is not water, it is sulfuric acid. The concentration is about 27.7% by weight when the battery is fully charged.
Removing any of the liquid (electrolyte) effectively reduces the battery's storage capacity, so it should be avoided.
Just neutralize the electrolyte that bubbles out with a baking soda solution and rinse thoroughly with running water. That way the electrolyte loss is minimized.

Lead-acid batteries lose water (H2O) when they are charged through electrolysis (breaking water down into Hydrogen and Oxygen gases by passing an electrical current through it), but not the sulfuric acid (H2SO4), so you only have to replace the lost water and while that is called "watering", you are actually adjusting the electrolyte back to its original sulfuric acid concentration.

Here is a link to the proper fill levels for Trojan batteries. Other brands will be similar.
http://www.trojanbattery.com/Battery...ngDiagram.aspx
Check out the other topics while there, lots of good info about the care and feeding of batteries.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #22
Gibb
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I feel like I just went to battery school!!!

THANKS for all the help...
Gibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #23
Bud Man
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibb View Post
I feel like I just went to battery school!!!

THANKS for all the help...
Me too LOL
Bud Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO